union city girls

Guest kntk205

Guest kntk205

i heard yesterday a new lead on the girls coach. could it be the one and only kim decker, the former coach from obion county central, boy want that start some stink.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When she was at Lake County, she took a cellar-dweller to Murfreesboro in 3 or 4 years. When she went to Obion County, it took her about 3 years to make it back to the state tourney, and then she went 3 or 4 times in 5 years. Records don't lie. The only "stink" might be Union City actually beginning to win some games.

:D......Just my two cents...... :D

Sorry WesCharge, it was two times.

97-98 29-4 lost in 1st round to McMinn Co

Grundy Co eventual champ

98-99 27-5 West sectional champs

lost in first round to eventual champ

Livingston Academy

99-00 lost in West sectional to eventual West Tn

champ Ridgeway

All of this compliments of www.tssaa.org

It was only twice, but Decker built the Lady Rebels into a better team than they were when she arrived. I know many teams (Union City) that would kill for two trips to Murfreesboro.

[Edited by PowerSet on 4-22-03 12:38P]

i do not know about next year, but i can predict the future...maybe....

i got the opportunity to see his 7th grade aau team this past weekend at dyersburg during the aau sub-state..... they are LOADED..........

if they all stay together and attend oc....well, they could be the nightmare for anyteam when they get in high school

Oops....I just didn't remember them being that strong over the past 10 years, now I remember a couple of those years. Grundy won it in 1997 after Westview in 1996. They had Abi Ramsey as a freshman on that team and a stud in the middle that wreaked havoc on the other teams. I didn't know Obion was there though.

13AA year in and year out has a team up there though.....we just have to knock of those toughies from 7AA, and it hasn't happened in a while.