BGA @ FR

hardball03

Maybe Father Ryan doesn't need fans after all. They apparently can win without them. Brunner is not a very smart coach for trying to get rid of their fan base. Just shows he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Has a potential D-1 prospect in Jake Kacynski (6'7, 240) sitting on the bench. The kid can throw some heat and he has him on the bench. Shows how much he knows. Will Myers is another one. Kid can also throw some heat, but Brunner refuses to pitch him. Both are seniors*** too. Let's just hope that he comes around.

I couldn't agree with you more, he is benching his best senior. They definitely have a couple stud senior pitchers that aren't being utilized. I've been to almost every Father Ryan game this year, and it looks like no body is having any fun. I can't believe that this guy got coach of the year last year. It will be an absolute shame if they don't win state this year, because the talent is defintely there. I think that their coach is holding them back from playing to their full potential. I think if things continue the way they have been going, they won't win another state championship.

I also must add that I was at the game when he yelled at his own fan section. I think that he yelled something about being busch. Well coach, I can't think of anything that is more busch then screaming at your own fans to stop cheering.

Guest cole703

Andy,

Coach Brunner has been quite successful as the head coach of Father Ryan. He has won a State Championship and sends players to college each year. How many coaches do you know of that have had players play at Miami, Alabama, Vanderbilt, etc...? Coach Brunner had two players playing in the championship game of the College World Series a couple of years ago and how many coaches can lay claim to that? My advice to you would be to sit back and take a close look at his success and see if your opinion of him does not change.