Fairview 7, Page 4

PageMan

Fairview gets the 1st round bye in the District 9AA tournament as they won over Page 7-4 at Greer Stadium.

In the top of the 1st, Page held Fairview scoreless after they loaded the bases when Luke Putnam tried to score from third on a WP, but was putout 2-1 as Page pitcher Jon Balding made a good tag on the throw back from catcher Ryan Locke. Balding struck out two in this inning. Page scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 1st when Phillip Schumacher scored after singling on a 4-3 ground out by Robby Smithson. DH Lucas Wilmore then hit a single to CF scoring Nick Marrs & Ryan Locke who both walked. In the top of the 3rd, Fairview pitcher Ben Wilshire hit a towering HR to LF that also scored Matt Putnam who walked. After Beau LeJeune & Dan Kennedy both singled, Robby Smithhson came in to relieve starter Jon Balding and got two outs to end the inning. In the top of the 4th, Matt Putnam doubled to LC scoring Jim Lampley who walked. After Ben Wilshire reached on a high infield popup, Beau LeJeune singled to LC scoring Matt Putnam & Wilshire. In the top of the 5th, Fairview got its final two runs as the Page infield made two throwing errors to 1b. Brayton Hudgins reached on an error & also scored on an error & Luke Putnam hit a triple to RC scoring Jim Lampley who reached on one of the previous errors. Page got one run in the bottom of the 6th as Nick Marrs reached on an error and then scored on a single by Robby Smithson. Page threatened in the bottom of the 7th as Phillip Schumacher reached on an error and Jon Balding doubled to LC, but Page couldn't get them in. Fairview had 7 runs on 10 hits with 2 errors and Page had 4 runs on 6 hits and 2 errors. PageMan announced the game from behind the 3rd base dugout with a wireless mic and sold candy between innings - the delay between when I said something to when a heard it from the CF speakers messed with my mind all night. Congratulations Yellowjackets on a well pitched game by Ben Wilshire and that home run which fired up your team.

[Edited by PageMan on 4-25-03 10:49P]

Hey i thought you did a great job on announcing everyone's name, you even got them all correct....Anyways, that has to be one of the best games that i have played in, Greer Stadium mainly, but also coming back form behind to grab the win was awesome. Good Luck to everyone in the Distict.

DK

you did great announcing tonight pageman, great win fairview, man it was an awesome atmosphere tonight at greer, wish more poeple were there to see it, great recap there pageman, always nice reading up on the games. how about wilshire's homerun it was off the guitar at greer? and guess what? no one is recruiting this kid, he is now 8-0 on the season pitching with an era around 2

Thanks jacketpride24, TallKid, & MRBASEBALL. Ben Wilshire did great as he did the first time we played yall in Fairview. With his record at 8-0 and hitting well too, someone should be looking at him for college ball. Maybe he needs a good press agent or something. There was an article in the Review Appeal about him last week I believe.

Maybe we'll have another shot at yall in the tournament and can play a little better.

Sorry you couldn't make the game at Greer, goldenboy.

Get some rest & be ready for Giles Co. on Monday. I believe that you are correct in that Page will play either Lewis Co. or Loretto on May 1. I think that the game between you & Giles Co. has a bearing on this matchup though. Page has a game Monday with Spring Hill or I would come watch your game with Giles. Good luck. Maybe we'll see you again next week.