What would you do?

CheeseCake

i dont know if the football and baseball coaches got along at my school or not, but when i was a junior there were alot of football players that played baseball. the coaches talked about the situation and what was planned on happening was the football spring training would actually be a winter training. it was going to be before practice for baseball started like last week in jan and first week in feb and the football players would miss running and hitting and go to football. but our coach left for a college job and that never happened.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yes I heard about the situation at Gordonsville and I was very disappointed in the coach. Shows wat sport the school cares the most about. I personally believe that they could have been a talented team and could have finished 2nd in the region. He also dangered the kids into getting hurt before the tournament. Boy was this unfair to those Seniors on that team and I apoligize to them. LOL did the school even have a baseball banquet NO Go figure. Really a sorry situation with the baseball program their.

Just a couple of thoughts....

1. Why do they have the "dead period" during baseball season?

2. Football may be the "money sport" but I bet equipment, transportation, and incidentals like referees, field upkeep, etc. offset a lot of that.

3. I must work at a great school. Not only have I seen the basketball coaches at a baseball game, I've also seen 4 out of 5 administrators, several teachers with spouses in tow, and high school kids by the dozens. It helps to have a great season but its nice to have a good fan base.

4. It's sad that kids have to choose in high school.

The bottom line is this....There are no "fall/spring sports", only year round sports. Fball isn't just fall, it's winter workouts, spring practice,summer workouts, camps. Baseball isn't just a spring sport, it's spring (reg. season), summer/select bball, fall ball, winter-spring preseason workouts ect. Oh yea don't forget they have to go to school too. My son plays fball and baseball. He got a job a year or so ago and had to give it up, he was working 1 day a week and couldn't do it! Not complaining though, he loves it and wouldn't change a thing and the school thing, no problem there. Both coaches do the best they can to work around each sport. Fball pushed spring practice back as much as possible. Summer fball workouts are in the morning and bball is in the evening. These coaches know they won't win if they're players are not happy and the fewer the conflicts the better. Also if a student plays 2 sports, they will be in better shape. As far as choices. my son MAY have to make that choice next winter, if offered in fball, wheter to take it or see what bball offers. Right know he has no idea between the 2, I think his parents are more worried about that than he is!

Edited by Ultimatefan