ezell-harding

sportcaster

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by FloridaBoy:

Coach Smith is not leaving ezell. he is also the best high school coach in the state of Tennessee. But for the last time...he is not leaving.

Best coach in Tennessee? Hardly. Give me Gary Rankin or George Quarles or Ricky Bowers any day over Smith. Coach Smith may have been there and done that; these guys have been there and done that multiple times. Heck, I'm not so sure I wouldn't take Pack over Smith in the region alone.

[Edited by rollredroll on 5-2-03 10:07A]

I'll take Pack any day over Smith. Remember Greenbrier Mr. Paxton. You are one bad recruiting class away from a repeat. Floridaboy, I hope you were kidding to say that a coach that has won ONE region championship is the best. That is a joke. Goodwin at DCA has won several and I still wouldn't put him in a class with Flatt, Rankin, Bowers, Quarles, Pack, McAdams, Martin just to name a few. SUSTAINED success puts you in a different class of coaches, not two winning seasons.

Dear World,

Coach Smith is not leaving Ezell-Harding and is looking forward to coaching this next year. He hopes that Caesar and all the other doubters will see what a dedicated group of hard working kids can do on the football field

Other things people should know:

Ezell does not recruit or give scholarships

Coach Smith never talks down to his players, they are the reason he is there and he loves them very much

Any head coach is merely an extension of the talents of his assistant coaches and more importantly his players

Smith has not ever been offered a job at UT Martin

Caesar, the invitation stands, I am dying to meet you, and would love to show you around the Ezell Program, then, you could have an informed opinion and not just the bitterness in your heart...look what being hard hearted did for Pharoh

Prediction: 5,000 yards / 60 Touchdowns passing

And most of all you are right, we have no talent, I guess those little old Ezell players will convert to the wishbone and try to run the clock out...not a chance 5 wide and 55 passes per game....better learn how to play pass defense!

Thank you, drknows, for mentioning the other great coaches I failed to mention. And you hit it on the head - it takes more than one or two seasons of greatness to be considered one of the best.

If Coach Smith gets to that level, great, but we should hold off discussions for a few years though.

[Edited by rollredroll on 5-2-03 10:28A]