18-0

lilcuz24

If Page was playing JV to see how they could do, I think the Coach should have figured out what they could do somewhere before the game was 18-0. It is running up the score no matter how you cut it. Out team is told by the coach not to score after about 6-0 in games. We work on possession and swithing, etc.

good luck Wayne county

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it can be more embarrasing to have a team hold the ball for an entire half. I know 18-0 seems to be running up the score, but you cant just stop playing the game. I didnt witness the game, but I find it hard to beleive that Page would intentionaly try to embarrass a team.

you tried players in new places just like yousaid when you beat fairview you used that same excuse which wasnt true i can assure you i [played for fairview last year and i saw the same players in the same places you didnt move people around you had to start playing younger guys since some were seniors last year! :)

Chunky, it is all about sportsmanship. Some coaches care about sportmanship and some choose to just keeping pounding away on the dead carcus of an opponent. Have you seen the Monty Python clip where the soccer team slaughter's another team of players on crutches and in wheelchairs. Every goal is wildly celebrated over and over again. Kinda like that.

Edited by wmsmphs

Exactly. wmsmphs is exactly right. This whole thing is about being a good winner. Have you ever heard about that, chunky? Good sports would keep the game under 10, and do whatever they can to handicap themselves. I'm confident that the other team will not come back from down 10.