Boys from the "WOOD"

darwin

darwin.... collinwood.... where is that? i mean if u r goin to say something about the team..... make sure u put who u r talkin about.... not just the WOOD <_< ..... what is that really.... if u don't want all the jokes..... don't set your-self up for a joke... i'm not tryin to be mean.... but come on now....so just clam down! but i guess that is all... til next time.... have a good day!! :):D<_<

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of us we were ranked 6th in the nation last year. We aren't trying to be cocky <_< we're just tired of being put down because we lost "key players"

darwin,

You were ranked number 6 in Tennessee 1A, number 6 in the nation is something that no team in Tennessee accomplished last year.

Darwin, you can't be serious? Are you on the bottom rung of your scale of evolution?

The state champions from 4A and 5A and DII were not even in the USA Today Super 25 or most national service polls. How in the world would a non state champion from I-1A be #6 in America?

The only reasoning I can think of is that hokey letter that some service sent out to some 1A schools in Tennessee (and maybe other classes) ranking them in the nation, and that was within the "1A" classification. I think Ezell Harding got a letter saying they were the "best" 1A team in the nation at the time. People say that high school national rankings in general don't carry much weight; letters like the aforementioned one are "weightless" in comparison.

I have never even heard of Collinwood. Where is it at? And you all would have had to win State in 1A, to be ranked in the nation. And I don't think you all did that. But I'm not sure. I could be wrong but I don't think so! Just calm down. And as long as you want to think that they are 6th in the nation. Think that! Nothing anyone can said will change thier mind! So just let them think what they wants to. <_< bye~bye

I don't know what the poll was, but Collinwood was ranked 6th in the country based on their school size. It was the same poll that Ezell was ranked in. We all know that these are just the opinion of someone and doesn't mean a whole lot. I am from Collinwood and I'm still proud of what these kids have accomplished over the past 3 years. No State Chamionship, but Champs in the eyes of all their fans. I look for the remaining players to continue the winning tradition. They have a lot of shoes to fill, but they have enough talent left over to have a very good year. I wish them all the best of luck and to the players moving on to the next level, I'll be watching you on Saturdays.

Sugarpie, If you followed 1A football at all, you would have heard Collinwood mentioned with the top 1A teams over the last 3 years. They were 35-3 over the past 3 years. The 3 losses were to USJ, Ezell and Cpa. Ezell and CPA went on to win the State and USJ lost to CPA in the championship game. So, the only reason you could have for not knowing who Collinwood is, would be that you don't follow 1A football or you just moved into the state.

vic, I want to a Big school. Oakland High in Murfreeboro. But I was also in school more the a few years back. So what is Collinwood ranked in the nation for? Is it for being a big 1A school or what? From the way Darwin put it. It was because of the Football team or something. Well that is what I got from the post when I read it! But I know about how fans look at thier teams. Oakland has had more bad years then good years. And I still cheer them on everytime i get a chance. My whole family went there and I hope my kids go there! I didn't mean to say anything to make you all mad. I just wanted to clear that up. But if it will make u feel better......Go Collinwood!! I'm not sure what you all colors are, so I'm not putting a color!! Sorry for that again. If i made any of you all mad! bye~bye

and spanky51jhs. Not Rockwood. We got it cleared up. They were talking about Collinwood. Not any other WOOD! Okay! :ph34r: lol

Edited by robjim

SugarPie, I wasn't mad I was just trying to tell you a little about Collinwood. I can guarantee you that most 1A schools know who Collinwood is. We are not a dominate state champ, but we have had a pretty good program for several years and the last 3 years have been great. I know all the private schools know who and where we are.............lol Just a little humor. If you'll notice the "GO COLLINWOOD" is in our school color of green. It appears "robjim" helped you out with that. He is a follower of a very good school and he has been to Collinwood and knows the great atmosphere we have on Friday nights in Collinwood.

By the way robjim, how are things going for CPA? We are scheduled to scrimmage DCA this Saturday at 11:00. I just hope we can give a good showing. The coaches have changed a lot of things and haven't had much time to prepare. I know I'm looking forward to the game and hope DCA has a safe trip down here.

I didn't mean to confuse anyone. This is "vic". I just happened to notice I wasn't logged in under my name. Sorry...........

Edited by bleak1

bleak1 is assessing the situation correctly. Collinwood is a great 1A program, granted they have not won a football championship but they gave us two great playoff games two years in a row and have been extremely competitive for the last three years straight. To add to that they have a great atmosphere and really nice folks down there on game night.

I think darwin is being a little over optimistic in his view as 6th best in the nation (even if it was at the 1A level), nevertheless they command a lot of respect from all of us in TN 1A.

GO CPA LIONS

GO COLLINWOOD TROJANS

OnlineLC....How's it going at CPA this spring? I know all of you are looking for another great year. I hear Ezell and DCA will be tough again also. I'll get a 1st hand look at DCA Saturday. I hope we'll get to meet ya'll again in the playoffs next year. We have really enjoyed playing CPA the past 2 years. You guys have a lot of class and are very friendly from the fans to the players and coaches.