Wrestling Mat
    Bowling

Spring Sports - Only Plus Members can post messages during off-season

Baseball
    Softball
    Boys Soccer
    Tennis
    Track & Field

AAU Information Boards - Available to everyone during spring and summer.

Boys AAU Information and Summer Travel Teams
    Girls AAU Information and Summer Travel Teams

General Sports Discussions - Available to everyone, year-round

Public/Private Debate
    Coaches Forum
    Where are they now?

New Boards Technical Questions - Available to everyone, year-round

Questions and Comments

CoachT Plus Boards - Available to Plus Members Only

Open Discussion
    NCAA College Hoops
    NCAA College Football
    SEC Football
    TN NCAA Div 1-A Football
    TN Small College Football
    Tennessee Titans and NFL Football
    Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Basketball
    Nashville Predators & the NHL
    Hunting & Fishing
    NASCAR
    Major League Baseball
    Plus Member Suggestions

• Upvote 1

In 2002 we instituted a few changes on the message boards.

Guests (those with free registrations) have free access to all of the high school sports boards, but can only post messages around the period of competition. This means that between August and January, then all of the Fall Sports boards will be available to all fans with a username.

If you want to talk about your sport(s) during the season, access is free. You will need a free registration (username) to post.

If you want to have access to all boards all of the time and enjoy private messaging, chat room, and your own CoachT.com email address please look at purchasing a CoachT Plus Membership. The cost is $12 a year.

We have a Family Plan that allows several members of the same immediate family to join for less. Two members can join for an annual fee of $18, and three for $25. Payments by mail only for this option, please. When mailing your payment, be sure to include usernames of each person with your payment.

In order to answer some of the questions you may have I will list some of the reasons for changing the way the message boards operate.

1. Even with the great help provided by the moderators, the boards are taking the majority of my time. (Plus the moderators need a break for a while, themselves.) The site is steadily changing from a sports web site into a message board web site instead of a balance of both.

2. Multiple usernames by members contribute to a lot of the problems that develop on the boards. Hopefully this will help alleviate some of those problems. If the free boards continue to have that problem, then we may have to change the status of those boards, also. I don't want to have to do that.

3. The extra revenue created by Plus memberships allow for more features, enhancements, etc. on the site.

4. One benefit will also be to add more members to an excellent and very vibrant Plus member community. Most, if not all fans would thoroughly enjoy being a part of this group.

I realize I am going to face the "greed" claim by a lot of members. The biggest financial benefit the last 6 years is being able to claim a loss on my income tax and, even then, I can't claim the thousands of hours that have gone into this.

While I enjoy the site immensely, and I stress IMMENSELY, I admit that it would be nice to have some income generated with a daughter and son in college and an 8th grader coming along. But, at the least, it's my goal to cover the costs each and every month and $12 ($1 per month paid annually) for a membership is extremely affordable.

I sincerely hope that you understand the reasoning for this. Keep in mind that there is still no charge whatsoever for content (articles, pictures, schedules, scoreboard, prospect database, fan polls, Big Ones contests, win/loss rankings, standings, etc.) and there never will be.

For information about becoming a Plus member, visit http://www.coacht.com/plus/.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Announcements