17 East Substate Results

Someone told me that the Tennessee Breakers beat the Tennesee Thunder in the championship game....He said that the Breakers won by around 8-10 points.....and the Charles Davis Foundation lost to the Yellowjackets in the other game....it was a forfeit from what i heard. So that means

1. Tennessee Breakers

2. Tennessee Thunder

3. Yellowjackets

4. Charles Davis

I actually saw the Thunder/CDF game and the Ref's did call some harsh T's against the CDF, but they also called one against the Thunder. They just seemed to learn from that mistake and the CDF did not. The Charles Davis Foundation was simply outplayed by the Tennessee Thunder 16's and that's it.

BTW, how did the Pacesetters do this weekend?

The final outcome of the tournament was Breakers over Thunder 16's by 8 or 9 for the Championship.

Both teams chose not to play the consolation game so there was no forfeit.

The Truth 12......The Yellowjackets did show up to play the consolation game. We had to play the game or our national bid would be taken away from us. We showed up at 4:20 and they told us that CDF went home. This was a warm-up tourney for our 2nd group. If you were there, you'd know that I never started our 1st group (Vince Redd, Azmar, Blye, Lester, Bailey, & Henry Williams). We needed to get our 2nd group a lot of experience and they showed they can play against good competition. The only game we lost was to the Breakers and they just couldn't miss that game. They hit nine threes in the first half. The third quarter we made a run with my first group but couldn't hit the free throws (11 missed in just the third quarter). The Breakers & Thunder will represent the East well. I hope to see them both in Orlando for the nationals.

I wasn't saying that no one showed, I was saying that you both had discussed not playing with the tourney director to avoid a forfeit and chose to go home. Nothing negative about that. Did the Charles Davis Foundation Forfeit, and if so, are they suspended from AAU next year because of that?

The Yellowjackets showed extremley well and I am sure they will do quite well at the Nationals. I was there and saw the games. I am certainly not trying to take anything away from the Yellowjackets, they had an excellet weekend.

;) None taken Truth, but when we spoke with Michelle Ruckart, she specifically said that the game be played unless someone forfeited. If there is a no-show then it counts as a forfeit. She also said that if both teams didn't show up that both teams would get a forfeit. So I told CDF coach that we would have to be there. I expected to play because CDF's coach didn't know if he would play or not. Now that I look back at it, our second group would have gained valuable experience in that last game. But we took our kids to a cookout after the morning game and they were really tired. We had a great time this weekend. Ms. Ruckart and the whole staff put on a great tourney!!! ;)