How Good Do You Think Centenial H.s. Will Be?

CHSCougars

Well, I dont know what the record will turn out to be, as the schedule is going to be far beyond challenging. But to be the best, you've got to beat the best, so they're on the right path. I'm excited to catch a spring practice or scrimmage to see how they look. I think with Phillip Bates and Michael Smithson returning, they'll have solid leadership to lean on.

Ok, lets not get carried away. Centennial has a good team, but they lost a lot of good players last year, including their starting linebackers, defensive ends, and their big time tailback, Tracy Beech. Tommy Buchanon will step up for the back position, while the quarterback position is up for grabs between Taylor Scott and Philip Bates. I don't know the exact schedule that they are playing, but they have to play Brentwood, Franklin, and Dickson County just for region games. They also play BA. I see them going 6-4 or 7-3.

Well I dont see the quarterback slot being up for grabs unless Phillip moves to another spot, because he's got it on lock. Taylor is a fine player, but Phillip is the core of the team, and could start at most any skill position for the Cougars. Maybe if Phillip moves to one of the HB spots, Taylor could run at QB. That wouldn't be all bad, as Phillip played HB last year when Al Veach was in at QB.

The schedule will be all the same region games as last year plus Ravenwood, Brentwood Academy, BGA and Pearl Cohn.

Also, luckily not all LB's were lost, as Phillip returns there as well.

Edited by boneal52

What's up boneal52 ?

The Cougars will scrimmage @ Blackman on Friday May 16th. Hope you can make it! I would like to meet you face to face. You know meet the man behind the posts.(lol) :lol:

We also lost alot really good Seniors(20+)! Can you say rebuilding year in Blaze land? Our #s are down for the spring and we're breaking in a new OC which I think is looking good so far! O-line an D-line is our main concern for now b/c we lost them all! Maybe we can put enough together to give you guys a look anyways! :o

Give me the lowdown on the Cougars? I would appreciate the info. Later! :D

Hey Slim, long time no type. I'll sure try my best to be there, as long as I'm not working. I haven't been able to catch any of spring ball yet, but after this week I'm out of school so I'll be able to check in on them.

Without having seen them yet this year, I know that the core of the team will be Phillip Bates and Michael Smithson. Anyone who has seen him play knows that Phillip is an absolute animal, and loves to play the game all out on every snap. He's not the biggest or fastest, but he always manages to get the job done. Michael has been working hard to get in great shape for his senior year. I dont know where he's at now, but last time I saw him he was down to the high 280's and really looked great. He said he felt better and was moving better. He'll be the leader of the lines for CHS.

Also I'm curious to see Grant Horton play this year. He's a terrific athlete with great feet and was a steady corner. I'd like to see him get some touches out of the backfeild or the return game, because he's got some nice quicks. If Tommy Buchanan is completely over his injury issues, it could be a solid year for the Junior to be. He had an oustanding start to last season but as he started to get banged up, never really reached full strength again.

Hopefully I'll be able to make out to the Boro to see the scrimmage and meet you Slim!