Jeff Green Released!

Sequatchie

Richard Childress Racing (RCR) has ended the contract of Jeff Green as the driver for RCR's #30 AOL NASCAR Winston Cup program, effective immediately. "Our relationship was not where we had hoped it would be at this point so we decided to make this move now," said Richard Childress, president and CEO of Richard Childress Enterprises, Inc.

JEFF GREEN now in the #1 Pennzoil Chevrolet of DEI!

Dale Earnhardt Inc. announced on Tuesday that NASCAR veteran Jeff Green will take over the driving duties of the #1 Pennzoil Chevrolet starting with the Winston Open at Lowe’s Motor Speedway on May 18th. Green will drive the #1 Pennzoil Chevrolet on an interim basis.

I don't think its a step up for DEI? B)

My reaction to all of this is :o. DEI has possibly took a step down from Park to Green. Green's stats are the same as Park's and Park was the victim of a terrible wreck that he still has not gotten over all of the effects. I think interim is the key word and there are talented drivers out there who are probably better then Green. Green is a good driver but he should have stayed in the Busch series in my opinon. <_<

Richard Childress did what was right for the #30 team, sponsors, and the rest of the interests involved. Green overreacted to a racing deal and it cost him his job. This has been coming for a while and Richard took all he could take of Green bad mouthing his teams!

Edited by landergolfer