District 9AA Tourney

jacketpride24

Tonight the Fairview Yellow Jackets downed the Loretto Mustangs 4-0. Beau Lejeune pitched the complete game shut-out even though he didnt have his best stuff. Loretto pitched their ace Luke Lamm who had Fairview baffled the first two innings. Here is the scoring summary, Bottom of the third with one out Jim Lampley ripped a ball at the third baseman who batted it down but was scored as a hit. Luke Putnam walked, and his brother Matt popped out making it two outs and Ben Wilshire at the plate. Ben then hit a bloop hit on a check swing into right that scored Lampley. Fourth inning there were two outs and back to back hit by Brayton Hudgins and Chris Butler made it runners at first and second with two outs. Jim Lampley then rips one into the right center gap to score Hudgins and Butler. That ended the scoring that inning. The Jackets added another run in the fifth and Beau did the rest. Great job Jackets!! Stay focus and we can do some great things!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good report jacketpride24. Good luck Fairview against Marshall Co. tonight at 7:00 in Lewisburg.

The Page/Marshall Co. game report is under the thread "Page - Marshall ? - who won?" Briefly, MC won the game in the bottom of the 7th scoring 2 runs as the winning run scored with 2 outs & the bases loaded when RF Brett Davis hit a bloop single to short LC. The winning pitcher was Jeffrey Lykins (3 for 3, HP) and the losing pitcher was Robby Smithson. Both pitchers went the distance.

Page will now face Loretto possibly before the Fairview/Marshall Co. game in Lewisburg since the backstop at the Page field was severely damaged in the storms. Page Coach Jim Mahan is looking for an available field in the Franklin area so the game could be played locally, but it is unknown at this time.

The Page/Loretto game will be played at 6:00 in Franklin at Cheek Park located behind Franklin High School.

Edited by PageMan

Tonight Fairview fell to Marshall Co. 3-2 in a hard fought game. Not making any excuses but my man yellowjacket21 said it best when he said we had to play against two shades of blue tonight. Junior Matt Putnam pitched five strong innings for the jackets who scored two in the first. Wilshire came in, in the 6th and the homeplate umpire reversed and obvious out call and allowed marshall co. to score their two runs needed to win the game. We had our chance in the last inning but we couldn't come though. Marshall is lucky they dont end up like Oakland did in 2001 and out of the tournement for an illegal player they used thursday night.

Edited by jacketpride24

jacketpride,

The Yellowjackets were not the only ones upset with the officials. The Lewisburg folks seemed pretty upset as well. In fact I heard it said at least 3 times that the home plate ump hates Lewisburg. Lewisburg thought they got the bad end of the deal on at least 2 other calls. So it goes both ways. Lets remember that in a close game it always seems like the umps decide it. Good Luck with Loretto and hopefully we will see you later today or in the reigion tourney.

Loretto 3, Page 0. Page just couldn't get the hits when we needed them as Loretto pitcher Wes Beckman went the distance scattering 4 hits. Page had two runners caught stealing as catcher Craig Risner made good throws to SS Luke Lamm for the putouts. Loretto played errorously until the bottom of the 7th where the infield made a fielding error with two outs. Page got their first hit in the bottom of the 4th when catcher Ryan Locke doubled, but he was stranded. Page had two hits in the bottom of the 5th as 3b Lucas Wilmore singled and LF Jason Brock doubled, but once again both were stranded. Loretto scored their 1st run in the 2nd when DH Travis Johnson singled, advanced on 2 infield errors, and scored on a wild pitch. Loretto added two more in the 3rd when lead-off hitter LF Brandon Kelly walked, stole 2b, advanced to 3b on a WP, and scored on a single by Luke Lamm. Lamm scored after stealing 2b, advancing to 3b as the ball rolled away from 2b, and DH Johnson singled him in. After Thursday's heartbreaking loss to Marshall Co 4-3, Page was down and Loretto came to play and had more enthusiasm. It was good to meet bigtimer7 and pops22 at the game. Good luck Loretto & Fairview tomorrow. I'm assuming yall play at Marshall Co. What time is this game, bigtimer7, jacketpride24, TallKid13, or yellowjacket21. I'd like to come and see how it all plays out even though Page is out.

Fairview pulled out a close game today against Loretto 6-5 in 9 innings. Both teams played their hearts out and i will give it to Loretto. You guys pushed us to the max today. Its ashame that a team had to lose. Fairvie w has chosen not to travel to Marshall Co. so they are the champs. Fairview is the runner-up and is making their 2nd regional appearance in three years. Fill us in on all the details Pageman i am too tired to type anymore.