Div 2 East Results

Irish17

In a quarter final game, McCallie beat Webb 3-0 at McCallie. McCallie will play Baylor in a semi on Tuesday. In a semi-final game, Knox Catholic beat ND at ND 3-1. Catholic will play the winner of the McCallie/Baylor match for the championship next week. Catholic also advances to States for the third year in a row.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about playing us being an "honor" but I can tell you we'd like to play Christian Brothers because you guys are the best in the Division and alot of us think one of the two or three best teams in the State overall. To play you means we'd have to either win the East plus the first round at States or, if we end up second in the East, we'd have to advance to the State Finals to meet you. Either way, an opportunity to play the Brothers means a few more successes need to come our way. Good luck in the West (not that you guys need a lot of luck). Who else is likely to advance in the West?

Sorry for the late reply, Irish17, I just graduated today so I am a little pumped up and stuff. Your right, if we did play , both of us would try to win for sure.. but I respect your team a lot for coming back from the dead and stuff. I remember your team from last year and thought you guys had a good shot at playing us and I knew you wanted the chance.

I think MUS and Briarcrest will have a major battle next Tuesday for the 3rd spot in the West. I still expect MUS to get that spot. Briarcrest plays a heavy defensive set against stronger teams and plays for the counterstrike. MUS has a very strong defense and excellent goalie, they need Brian Evans(Freshman) to play big and help weave a way thru the Briarcrest forrest of defenders who will be blocking the goal.

Good Luck gents!

oh yes catholic has done it again and this time without derrick and carlos, watch out for austin and evan the two new boys that are holding it down. i don think these boys can be stopped this year, they just may have the balls to play a full game unlike last year were the catholic boys lost to MBA cause they only play one half of soccer. i hope u are proud of losing a chance to play in the state finals. i give my full support to these lucky kids, i mean 3 years in a row, how many freaking 4 leaf clovers did u find to pull this off. bring it home boys cause if u dont u are pathetic just like i think u are. im out, a true player of soccer unlike everyone else talking online here.

Edited by mtnman

Wmsmphs, congratulations on your graduation. I've got another year to go. Yeah, we did want to play you last year but we couldn't get by MBA in the semifinals. The year before (my freshman year) we had to travel to Memphis to play a night game against you after our seniors went through graduation earlier that day and the Brothers pounded us when we slowed down in the second half. It was a good game until then, though- tied for a while in the second half. Last year we really appreciated your Coach Aur's comments and encouragement after we beat MUS at Mike Rose in the quarterfinals. It's always a good thing to play a good, classy team like CBHS and we hope we get the chance in a couple of weeks. Again, good luck in the D. II West finals. We've got to get ready for either Baylor or McCallie next Thursday.

Hey Falcon, looked for you at the game. If Baylor beats McCallie on Tuesday in the other semifinal, we play Baylor for the East title on Thursday at Baylor. If McCallie wins, the championship game will be at Catholic. Either way, I hope you'll see an improved Irish team if you can come. Are you going to play with Arsenal in state cup?

I doubt ill play...I'm retired haha...i kinda want to but then again i kinda like not playin and traveling and stuff. I start workin next week a lot so i doubt ill have time to play. I didnt go to your ND game b/c i had no clue it was goin on. by the time i saw that u were playin down here it had already started and sicne i live in east bumble i didnt want to make that 35 min drive to see 1 half. hopefully baylor will win so i can check yall out

wmsmphs and irish17. Guys, I appreciate mutual respect, playing for Catholic schools and all but but this is getting wierd. I'd be afraid to watch you play each other. Kissing on the field is definitely over the top! Congratulations to both schools but the lovefest is kind of bizarre.