17U State Tourney Results

Its probably Ashley Shields...that's always her number and I'm sure she's still playing. She didn't win Miss Basketball for nothin, huh? :ph34r:

UM is getting a real gem. She'll do every thing, except sell tickets and take out the trash. Just because she is playing there, the University of Memphis may sell more tickets. :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right Jimbo...Memphis is getting a real gem. Undoubtedly one of the best recruits they have ever gotten (Whitmore, LaTonya Johnson included). I really thought she could have played at so many more schools with better programs (major D-1)....hundreds recruited her but Memphis was the most patient with her passing the ACT and that's what attracted her to them. A few other schools were willing to wait but she had already committed and liked the idea of being a hometown hero. When I went to a tournament in Atlanta in September, she was playing with the Memphis Showboats travel team and dozens of coaches were literally asking me "Who IS that player...#22? Some had never seen her before and when they were told who it was they were like, "oh...that's Ashley Shields". Another coach from a perennial top 25 school said, "Isn't it too bad she's already committed?". And you could just see amazement in their eyes. that was a pretty big adidas tournament (fall finish) and top teams all over the country were there...two Uconn signees and a few Duke signees played against their team and Ashley dominated them all...and a few of them were named Parade All-Americans and WBCA all-americans, etc...She was named MVP of the tournament which lets me know she could have played against the best, with the best and FOR the best if she had passed the ACT sooner...I'm sure she will shine and possibly put a struggling Memphis program somewhere back on the map. :D

She tore her acl,meniscus,mchl and messed up her PCL.A week before her surgery she was walking on it normal.

she had her surgery a couple of weeks ago,and was already walking without the brace 3 days later.Shes progressing extremly well.Thanks!

Edited by mchsballer