Marshall Co.vs Riverdale, Northwest Clarksville

apsugov7

Marshall Co. has Concluded it's spring Football and had two scrimmages Clarksville Northwest and Riverdale.

MCHS beat northwest 4 touchdowns to none and had one called back. MCHS played Riverdale toe to toe and the score was 3 td's to 3 about a hour and a half into the scrimmage and MCHS had a chance to go up but failed on riverdales side of the field. In the end MCHS got a lot of key players hurt and riverdales depht was too much and they won 4 to 3! MCHS is proud of how their team played and fought in this scrimmage!

Good luck in the regular season

23 passes!! Was Coach Mac at the scrimmage?? :D JUST Kiddin' Marshall County fans.

It's good to hear that Marshall Co may open up that wing-t and throw the ball too. It could make them more of a threat. How accurate was Marshall co's QB? Does this mean that Region 5-3A may become....gasp... more of a passing region? Has the tide turn? Page, Mont. Cent, Sycamore, and now Marshall co all throwing the ball more than 50% of the time makes one wonder if the region will gain more of a notriety of throwing the ball. Probably not, but with more teams incorporating the passing game into their offense, it should make for quite an interesting season.

Best wishes to all the teams! :P

Can you provide some insight into players that played well from both teams. Wish I could have caught the scrimmage. I saw Riverdale's red/gold game but you can't tell much from intra-squad.

I know that Marshall Co had a very good year last year. Do they have a lot of players returning?

One more question; was there any kicking in the scrimmage?

Edited by TDCman

Guest region4fan

Who does Riverdale have at QB?? I wondered if the Thomas kid might take a stab at the spot considering what an elusive runner he is.

Guest Oakland

well thomas has been the backup to britton at riverdale for the past 2 years. plus, it seems that athletic qb's always do well in rankin' system(ex: corey carney, eric locke, britton) but the real question is that if dave starts under center for riverdale, will he continue to play on defense for the warriors or will gary play it safe with his already thin qb depth and play it safe and have dave just play on offense? should be interesting.