Congratulations Lipscomb

khopkins

The game went 11 innings, in the top of the 11th Lipscomb scored their 1st run on an error with no outs. The second run was on a base hit. As far as I'm concerned that was the 2 best AA teams in the state. Just ask Lipscomb how good they think ER is. I think DL will win the state. Meghan Rhodes is the best pitcher in the state , no doubt. I hope your team never has to face her, if they ever get that far. :D

Cherrypie dont be so sure of yourself that they are the best two teams in the state because district 8AA has been fighting tooth and nail like that all year with two teams advancing to Memphis. Both teams having beaten each other in very close and hard games all year, but both teams from Region 3AA go down on the same night.

I think Daivid Lipscomb is a good team ,but East Ridge I think would have beat them earlier in the game, if they could have started rallying Megan. I think they have the better bats. All in all, I don't think they would really be that good without their pitcher. She has the best rise and curve ball I have seen in a while. She also can throw a great change up that can really throw you off. East Ridges fan were very supportive all the way to the end. Daivd Lipscomb had some good fans too ,but I noticed that they were trying to be like East Ridge and hang the K's up to show how many strikeouts the pitchers had. Come up with your own stuff next time. I think it was one of the best games around in a while and it is awful that East Ridge had the same thing happen to them last year. We'll get them next year! :)

yes, go lipscomb..hume fogg will be rooting for you guys!! and yeah...the lipscomb fans had been hangin up K's , even against US last year...soooo yall need to do your own thing, east ridge, because yall sure didnt do that when we beat you guys last year in substate! congrats to megan rhodes and the lipscomb girls. all the way girls!

Although "Mista" is a big part of Lipscomb, they are a great team. They have done what it takes to win, especially the big games so far. And, if I am not mistaken, the wins have been a team effort. JennyA, Gumbo, K-dub, RD, Merta, TRac, Kelly, Christine, Brittany, and Lora have all contributed on the field. Kathleen, Lindsay, Janell, Julia, Jessica, Melanie and Elizabeth also make important contributions to the success of the team. I am excited for everyone of you.

As for the K's, don't think that you came up with the idea at ER, ballbrat. Posting the K's has been a part of baseball since before most of us were born. Lipscomb has a great pitcher, and their fans have been supporting their team in that way for some time now. I'm glad that you want to support your team in a similar way. That kind of support and competitive atmosphere are what help make good games even better.

Apparently ER liked our K's enough to try to take one, at least that is the rumor. But the fast actions of a Lispcomb fan (Mrs RD) kept all of our K's where they belong.

Also, I would like to thank the Hume Fogg and Greenbrier players and fans for your support. I know you all love to beat us, as we do you, but when we are playing someone else, we support each other. That is what makes District 8 so great!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to LIPSCOMB on a great win, and good luck at STATE!!

Edited by khopkins

Well I'm not sure who was what, but I was at East Ridge because of Basketball on Friday and I walked down to the softball field heres what happened.

In the first or second Int. Tie Breaker East Ridge bunted the runner to 3rd, then the next batter got up Hit a shot down third baseline. Hit the runner in fair play. From then on East Ridge lost their momentum. I know that girls had to be tore up who got hit, she was the winning run. It really was a good game from someone who didn't have a stake in it at all. Congrats both teams have excellent squads good luck.

splainshornet---- I don't think you actually were at the game or you would have your story straight! The girl that got hit that was on third base was in foul territory and therefor she was not out. Lipscomb just got out of the inning with a good pitcher and great defense. A ball was hit to the ss and she threw the ball to the catcher and got the girl that was on third base out trying to go home. That's the way the game went. :D

splainshornet---- I don't think you actually were at the game or you would have your story straight!

Cats thanks for clarifying that. I really wasn't paying that much attention. I arrived late, and left early.

I do know the girl was on Third the ball hit her, I THOUGHT they called her out. I was wrong. I left after she was hit.