farragut vs houston

gameday03

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cardfan, hands down for Farragut? Obviously you haven't seen Pomeranz pitch. He's only projected to be a top 20 pick in next year's Major League draft. Now I know that Farragut is loaded, and I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but this game will be more difficult than people think. I'm saying Houston will win late with a score of 4-2.

You guys dont understand that Pomeranz has only given up 4 earned runs all year! He hasnt exactly pitched against the A teams either. He has beat germantown 3x and is 13-0! If you truly think farraguat will come down here and walk all over houston, you are crazy! But one question, is the game for sure saturday? I though i had heard it was wednesday.

Game is Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. Which is never a good time for teen-aged young men to be at their best athletically. It's not that hot in Mphs at this time of year.....they are starting Day 1&2 to early....but what the hey.....move on......and this will be no run-a-way for either team......FHS 1/2/3/4/etc have not given up many earned runs either.

Edited by SoupKitchen

I have heard good things about this pitcher from Houston, but Farragut has three aces in Cobb, Waldrop, and Kelly. Besides, how many times are you going to be able to throw this guy in a four day tournament. It is going to take a lot of depth to win and I think that is Farragut's strong suit. Bring it home Admirals. You guys deserve this and have worked too hard not to win.

This is going to be a great baseball game. Both teams play in superb districts and are prepared to face the best. I've never seen Pomeranz but, like everyone else, have heard nothing but good things. It is true that Farragut hits better against the better pitching, it has been the case all season. I think that if Farragut just comes out and plays their game, they will come out on top. While I do think Farragut will win, I don't think it will be by blowout, after all this is the state tournament, emotions will be running high for both teams and the nerves will be there, it is the first game. I think that the Admirals will pull it out in a close one, gaining a little cushion after they have seen Pomeranz for about 4 innings and get used to him. Good luck Admirals, see you in Memphis.