Oakland vs. Sullivan East

HiwasseeVol

Guest Oakland

well, no offense east fans, but all year oakland has faced pitching as good or better than nick hill, they know how to handle it, plus they have not only played against tough pitching but against extremely tough teams as well. In my opinion, all year people have overlooked oakland because u got riverdale in the boro as well. I think will suprise in this tournament, maybe not win it all, but could be close. Plus, oakland didnt even use primm today, so u got oakland's #1 ready for tommorrow and if zach pitches like he is capable of, oakland will be lookin very pretty.

HVol,

I saw a few innings and Hill came out after the third. He was throwing hard but appeared frustrated.....Oakland looked good till the third, hitting Hill pretty hard....mostly op-field. But their guy's were matching Oakland run-for-run. When we left it was 7-4 Sullivan East in the 5th. We went to see Webb. Nate Hall pitched a 3 hitter winning 3-0. Bubba Herebold had 2 hits for Webb (single and a leadoff 2B.....actually he had a second 2B, but the scorer did not add it to the board - could be an oversite.....and HVol, you know tough Farragut's score keeppers are....and Steve was there with me.

Soup East only scored 4 runs total I think you ment 7-4 Oakland. This was a two run game going into the seventh. Oakland got 6 runs in that inning.

HV, Hill looked good but left with the game tied 4-4 at 70 pitches.

We were very lucky to beat a really good team. Oh by the way it the Hill kid is not only one of the best pitcher around but he is one of the top three hitter we saw all year long. If you look at our schedule you see we played some good hitter.

Hey from Bubbles Dad (aka letsplay2)

well oakland2001, no offense, but if Nick Hill would have been on top of his game, Oakland would not have been able to touch him. He was coming off 3 days rest. For a pitcher to perform at his best, he needs at least 4 days rest. I'm not saying that Oakland can't hit, from what I hear they can, but I think they would not have been able to hit Nick if he threw at 100%.

Guest Oakland

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyday would be like christmas, u aint gonna get any sympathy from me, this is the state tournament, if he is pitchin on short rest, they stink it up and play.