Final AAA Rankings

Bsebllfn928

It is quite obvious that Farragut was the number 1 team in the state this year. Having a record of 48-1, they were a strong team who could hit the ball from the top of the line up to the bottem, and their pitching was pretty impressive also. But in the AAA state finals, the contest was between Farragut and Munford. Should Munford get ranked number 2 in the state even though the brackets were a bit one sided? If not Munford, then who should it be? Hendersonville and Oakland were both in the final four along with Farragut and Munford. Who should be ranked number 2?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, after seeing Hendersonville play in four games, they were the second best team in the state. They hit the ball better than any other team we (Farragut) played this year. Their 1 through 5 guys were all very tough outs. The lead-off man was terrific. They fielded the ball well and didn't beat themselves with errors.

I told several people after I watched their game against Riverdale that I thought they were the second best team. Nothing I saw from any of the other teams changed my mind. Munford's pitcher was very good, as was their entire team, but they didn't have the offensive firepower that Hendersonville had.

Sure Munford didnt choose the bracket they went in, nor did sullivan east or oakland or mt juliet. They all won the games they needed to. But, the top four ranked teams in the state were all in one bracket, while the 5, 6, 7, and 8 teams were in another bracket. I'm not taking anything away from munford, they obviously have a good ball team to be in the state finals. however, if the brackets were set up better, then would it have still been Munford vs. Farragut in the state finals? I personally think that the second Hendersonville vs. Farragut game was the best game played in the tournament, both teams showed alot of heart and both teams wanted that game. The final score was 10-9, Farragut, but i think Hendersonville put up quite a battle, possibly more than Munford, but thats just one mans opinion. any thoughts on this?

I do not know for sure, but didn't the "top 4" teams in the state being in the same bracket happen because Hendersonville finished 2nd to Mt. Juliet in the region? And i think the same thing happened with Houston and Munford. So maybe the "top 4" going into the the tournament was incorrect. I am NOT taking anything away from Houston or Hendersonville because their records stand for themselves. I simply believe that since Munford won their Region and their bracket, then they would have to be ranked 2nd, Oakland 3rd, and Houston 4th. Afterall the Braves had a dominating team in the decade of the 90's but only won 1 World Series. Unfortunately for some teams and fortunate for others, it is where you finish not where you begin. Just my opinion and I may not have the facts right, but the brackets were drawn up evenly, some teams just got there by virtue of the expanded play. Which is good for High School baseball

i see mt. juliet gets no love. i believe they beat hendersonville many times this year and mt. juliet split with riverdale. i see why people dawgs them all the time. they had great pitching this year in the best left hander and right hander in their district. they had hill who blossomed as the year progressed too also seger and the shao brothers. they just hit memphis at the wrong time during their season. i still think they could have beat any team there they just hit a slump that started in district play and cared over to the spring fling.