The "hand ball" call

Guest class

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest class

One would think that the picture they would put on here would be of when it actually hit his arm/shoulder (in the picture the ball is behind his elbow)

Edited by class

What is interesting about all this whining from Bearden is that they never mention the third goal they let in. If you want to whine about whether or not something was a handball fine, it makes the Bearden program look like horrible sports, but at least admit that Farragut should have beaten you. The third goal as I understand it was not questionable at all. So unless somebody can argue a reason why the third goal shouldn't have counted as well, everyone should just shut up and admit that farragut was the best team this year. (3-1) record with Bearden.

Yes Farragut did score a third goal, but if the second goal never came about, then Bearden probably would have played a different style. I was not at the game so I cant say whether the hand ball was a good call or not. But you are right everyone should just accept the ref's call and move on. I know this hand ball stuff makes for a good debate, but the bottom line is Farragut won. Would Farragut have won if the hand ball was not called, who knows? Im sure this isnt the only controversial play that either of these teams encountered this past year, but it looks like it is the most significant. Congrats to both teams.

as much as I would like to complain about the game, I realize that it is just that.... a game. A game that frankly, doesn't even matter. Farragut beat us 3-1 in overtime. CXongratulations to all Farragut players, most of you are full of class and I respect all of you. let's all calm down.

Dawgs Keep, You have excellent class as an individual for finally admitting the results. I am amazed at how many made such a big deal of this. The big deal was generated by the Bearden team and a coach who both knew how to win but not know how to lose. How many times in Beardens 56 wins was a call questionable that allowed them to keep that streak alive. I saw last years State Championship and I think Bearden got 90% of the calls and Clarksville was rooked, but I never heard anything over here like the whining I have heard from Bearden. 4 times in the finals in 4 years unbelievable, but that isn't good enough??? You can't own up that a better team beat you!!!!! I think anyway you cut it , Farragut beat Bearden 3 out of 4 times and they were our best represenative as State Champion. I tell you what, I 'll leave this alone but Bearden you lost alot of your creditablilty as a class program. You whiners owe the whole State an apology!!!!

Your right. I'm sorry to the state of Tennessee for being a little upset because we lost the state championship. I hope everyone in the state of TN sees this offical apology. I'm also sorry that our coach was a little mad at the end of the game, and spoke his mind (which everyone, including myself does on this site). I'm also sorry that everyone of you judges people that you do not even know. There, there is the offical apology to the state of Tennessee.

Hey Bearden guys, everyone on this board can understand your frusteration! To play in the state championship against your rival is already heated enough. I know people give u a hard time, but they're just glad that someone else got the gold this time. Great season, and keep it up next year.