LaVergne?

DavidVarnPlavich5

I was just interested in knowing if anyone out there knows how LaVergne's baseball team will be next year. I know this year was pretty disappointing with the high expectations they had coming in, but I know they will work hard for next year because they have a lot of fight in them. Hopefully next year the umpires won't lose a few important games for us just because we had ONE smart mouth player. Sorry, I'm rambling. Goodl luck to all next year and remember: Never take your eye off the ball. ;)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Would it have anything to do with the head coach already being hired to coach at Siegel? I heard that many parents from Siegel were trying to pressure him during season to do massive fundraising. Also, could the players , knowing that he was leaving them, lose their dedication and loyalty for him?

There was no pressure from anyone from Siegel. That is a completely false statement. LaVergne had a very good year at 25-11. Third place in the district behind Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville, two state tournament teams. And took hendersonville to the final game for a region birth. We were dissapointed not to go farther in the tournament but very proud of way the team competed and played.

• 9 months later...

i personally think that lavergne is one of the best teams in middle tennessee. thier starting few games were kind of shackey and a bad misrepetation of thier full potential. i expect to see lavergne go to state this year and upset alot of people. i know people say that they are a new team and not to have high expectations of them, but that is no excuse... lavergne will be good this year and many years to come