Question to Thunder 16's Coach

Congrats on a great tourney. My question to you is why, after your win over the Ballerz on saturday, were you more concerned about asking some of their players to come play with you in the nationals than you were to celebrate a victory by your team? My second question to you is if these kids wanted to play for you don't you think they would already be with you? My third question is wouldn't it have been morally correct to ask their coach for permission to talk to these guys? My fourth question is why when the players were shaking hands were you making the comment " I bet you wished you would have played for us". This makes me wonder what you are in this for. Its selfish guys like you that gives AAU coaches a bad name. B)

Edited by mister02

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy or Terrance (whichever of you that this is)

I wasnt going to get on here and talk about any team this weekend... But first let me answer your questions:

1) I only talked to 2 players outside of saying good game; I told Antonio that I would speak to Jeremy about him going to nationals if he was interested and I talked to Dell because he wouldnt shake my hand first time through line so I wanted to see why and find out why he didnt play much (I hope his side is ok)... BELIEVE ME WE CELEBRATED AFTER BEATING TOP 10 IN THE NATION MID STATE BALLERZ WEST (Gomad had posted on another site that the Ballerz west were top 10 in the nation after their top 4 finish in TOC.)

2) I think if I would have asked some of those kids to play with me or asked earlier they would have. Like one parent on your team said "if you would have called earlier we would have played with you"

3) I was going to talk to Jeremy about some of his players going to nationals with us... It is not my fault that a parent comes and sits next to me during a game. Also Jeremy came to me before my championship game FORBIDDING me to talk to his players... What kind of coach is that?? Is he their gaurdian? What right does he have to make those decisions for those young men? That is the parents and players decision... You lost that right to say they couldnt go when you couldnt qualify!!

4) THIS IS A FLAT OUT LIE!!! I would never say this to a kid for any reason... Parents and coaches that know me know that I would never do anyting of the sort... If one of my assistant coaches said something along those lines I will apolgize to the player, the both of you and have the assistant coach call and apoligize...

I am appalled at the comments :This makes me wonder what you are in this for. Its selfish guys like you that gives AAU coaches a bad name

NOW IF THIS ISNT THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!! HAHA

Everyone that knows me and YOU, can tell WHO gives AAU coaches a bad name!!!

Now to the both of you. If you have anything you need to say to me here is my number 615-479-4931.. Heck here is my address come by and we can talk face to face, man to boys...

I have always loved how when the ballerz lose it is the team that doesnt play up to its potential.. I think the people that need to look in the mirror are the two in polo shirts...I thought the Ballerz players played a heck of weekend just didnt have what it took in the coaching department to get them over the hump... YES I AM CRICTIZING YOUR COACHING ( for the daft one of the two of you)...

Dont forget I spent a miserable year last year trying to help some kids get better while the two of you just talked about how the other was messing up... I still dont understand how a great coach like MIke Artis can put up with it...

There is alot more that I can go on and say about the two of you... But I think I have said enough for now....

Lets just leave it at you beat me with your 17s and I won the 16s.. If the players want to go to nationals you should not stand in their way.

BTW

If the Delks and Antonio decide to go to nationals with us, will they drop in GOMABS FANTASY PLAYER RANKINGS??

Shawn,

What a terrible post. How dare you get on CoachT and attack me when I simply went to you in a respectable manner and talked to you face to face at state tourney. I went about it the right way, and you go on here and attack me. I won't respond to most of this crap, but I know for a fact that I try to do things the right way, and am in AAU for the right reason: for the kids. My primary goal is to put kids in college scholarships, and I spend countless hours per week talking to college coaches for this goal. Also, as reference to your #4, I PERSONALLY heard you say those words or something very close to the twins. How dare you attack me when I come to you face to face to ask you a simple favor: to leave my kids alone, as I would leave yours alone...

Shawn,

If I am such a bad coach, then why will this be my 6th AAU Nationals this year (in the past 4 years), while you have been coaching longer, and this is your 1st. And if I am in it for the wrong reasons, then it speaks something that I have now put 8 kids in Division 1 scholarships over the last 2 years, plus countless others in Jucos. I still keep in constant contact with all of my ex players, and even helped move a kid into his college this past year, and moved him back home this summer. Shawn, I love basketball, and I love the kids I coach, and I'd like to think I do things the right way.......................................

TheNatural:

Look, I've been around Coach Shulman longer than you (I know you think you know him even though you quit his coaching staff after a few months). Seriously, Coach Shulman spends many hours a week making game films and highlight tapes, emailing coaches, and calling coaches (I can't go anywhere with him where he doesn't get a phonecall at night from a coach, and leave whatever is going on to talk about one of his players). Coach Shulman loves coaching and his players, and has spent countless more hours of time getting his players names out, rather than his own.

Coach Shulman is a great Coach, receiving countless requests to play for his team...statewide. Players under his coaching have moved from D-2 ball to ACC ball over one summer (Justin Flatt). When asked what age group some players would like to play on, the response was whatever team he was coaching (Delk Twins, 19 and 39 in the country). Coach Shulman is a mentor to his players, receiving phonecalls from past players quite often, and remains loyal to those past players, helping them when in need (finding Marquise Crocket a new Juco to attend).

About this weekend, the players themselves would admit to not playing their best basketball...after finishing top 4 in Tournament of Champions in north Carolina the weekend before (where the Ballerz defeated the champion of the Thunder pool...the Thunder went 1-2). The weekend before that one, the Ballerz lost by 3 points in the campionship game in the Lexington tournament, where they faced some of the top teams in the west Tennessee area...including 16's, 17's, and 18's.

Don't disrespect a coach that gives AAU a good name. Next time, keep your false accusations to yourself, and if a coach speaks to you earnestly in private, don't nod your head in agreement and stab him in the back later behind the keybourd on your computer.

J

I think you may need to have your ears checked. If I said anything to the twins beside good game was how well reg shot the ball... So attacking me on here is ok but if ANYONE says a word about the ALL POWERFUL GOMAB then they must be struck down for their blasphemy!!! GROW UP!!!

If you and boy wonder had wanted to talk to me instead of attacking me on here we could have went about this like adults.. But you brought it here first!!!

I love how you say you put those kids in schoralships.. I guess their play had nothing to do with it... Also if you have never picked up a player (and yes you have picked up players after the season has started) Brian Fisk and Wadele Williams come to mind???

You say you keep up with all your players how about the ones who dont go to college and you "give up on" your quote not mine!!

I agree this is not the place where this needs to be discussed NONE OF IT DID!!! If you want to be an adult, give me a call,(479-4931)and it must not be so bad for me to have posted if you think it is ok to reply, but the GREAT GOMAB had to save face. Please keep in mind that I was merely responding to a post that was, in your words, terrible.

Terrance now that I know that you were the one that wrote the message.. All I can do is laugh... All I can say is your riding of Jeremys coat tails are about to come to end once he becomes a college coach!!! GOOD LUCK AFTER THAT YOU WILL REALLY NEED IT!!!

Shawn,

I did in fact hear you say those words. Then the twins came up to me and told me you said that to them. Then I just called T, and he heard the same thing.... So you said it.... Antonio's mom said you approached them in North Carolina, not vise versa, so quit lying.... Brian was not playing AAU, so that's a bad example. Wadele was completely done with the Breakers, who would never play another game in that age group, so the team was no longer in existence in that age group....

Anyways, my point is to not talk stuff on here. I never attacked you, so it was uncalled for you to attack me, Shawn. My resume speaks for itself, so do not question me.... Just keep my name out of your mouth, and quit acting like a Vulture and leave my players alone (show you have some class, Shawn)....

I am unaware of a coach with more class than Shawn Harris. Jeremy you are a child. You behave like a child so you deserve to be treated like a child. If your only interest is to keep children from going to nationals then what does that say about you? Do you not want your palyers to have that opportunity?

If he didn't have class, he would have told you to your face that he wasn't going to try and pick up your kids and then done it anyway. That is all this is about. He didn't tell you exactly what you wanted to hear and do exactly what you wanted him to do.

Be a man. Act like a man. Don't try to hold children back because you don't like Coach Harris. As far as having said that to your players, you know that is not true and you know that you are the liar in this situation. You are the one that will have to live with that.

Lets also keep in mind that it was your assistant coach that started all of this. It was terribly inapropriate for him to have posted what he posted about Coach Harris and you know it. Have we anything to say about that?

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Children often like and are very close to other children who do not set limits or boundaries.

No one is saying that he is not a good basketball coach. He just doesn't care about his players. This is all that I will say in response to anything on CoachT.

Truth...

1st off, I know exactly who you are.... Secondly, I have been a fan of Shawn's up until all of this. I rooted for him at TOC. It wasn't until he tried going after my players behind my back, and then posted this crap about me, that I now think differently of him. As for Nationals, I do not beleive in kids just jumping ship. We are still playing. We will be at the Adidas Atlanta Basketball Classic, which will conflict by a day, and we will have one tourney in July, not to mention our 17's still have 4 tourney's left. I am not depriving my kids of anything. They will play against the elite in Atlanta and in July. Anyways, I believe if a kid is a Midstate Baller, then that kid should be loyal to that program. And if a kid is a Tn Thunder, or a Clarksville Magic, then that kid should stay loyal. PLUS, the opportunity for exposure occurs at 17:u AAU Nationals, so my 16's group is still a year away from the Big One. We will try to now regroup, and continue an excellent summer which has already put a number of kids on National recruiting radars..... Shawn, just keep my name out of your mouth, and leave my kids alone, period.