• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he does. Albert's a great guy who works hard and doesn't do this fancy crap that Bonds and other stars do. He just goes out there plays ball and gets the job done. The first ever man to hit over 30 HR's have over 100 RBI's in his first two seasons. I think I'm leaving one stat out of this but that still is great. Hopefully this year, he'll be the first to hit .400 since forever ago. lol If the Cards could just get some better pitching, I think they need to deport Kline, he stinks it up all the time. But I'm glad to see he finally got a clean hat. lol :lol:

I hope he does. Albert's a great guy who works hard and doesn't do this fancy crap that Bonds and other stars do. He just goes out there plays ball and gets the job done. The first ever man to hit over 30 HR's have over 100 RBI's in his first two seasons. I think I'm leaving one stat out of this but that still is great. Hopefully this year, he'll be the first to hit .400 since forever ago. lol If the Cards could just get some better pitching, I think they need to deport Kline, he stinks it up all the time. But I'm glad to see he finally got a clean hat. lol :lol:

It's 30 HR, .300, 100 R, 100 RBI. Nice numbers, but that doesn't mean he's had the best first two years...Joe DiMaggio, Nomar Garciaparra, and Ted Williams barely missed those cutoffs in one of the two years, and DiMaggio and Williams were quite a bit better overall.

But, more to the point, what fancy crap that Bonds does? (aside from the earring, of course)

Sure, Bonds celebrates his no-doubt homers...but look at Pujols next time he hits one. If he knows it, he holds the pose a little as he starts heading towards first. I don't mind, I think it's kinda cool, but don't pretend he doesn't do it.

Don't take this as an anti-Pujols post. There's two guys whose jerseys I would buy right now: Pujols and JD Drew.

As for .400, it's *WAY* too early. I figure he'll end up in the 340-350 range, with a 1050 or so OPS.

His earring and that little stand there and wait till the ball lands junk he does. Pujols does watch some of his, I agree, but he starts jogging watching them, Bonds just stands there. I want a Pujols jersey real bad. lol When I get enough money saved up I'm gonna try to buy one. And Drew has been doing great recently, If he stays healthy he could hit 30 HR's every year easy. But yea it is too early to be thinking about hitting .400, I think he'll probably end up around .350. :lol:

Well Albert dissappointed me yesterday when I saw him wearing one of those wimpy gold necklaces that they think they have to wear. I wish I could coach pro-ball for one day. There would be no jewlery and none of this fancy crap after home runs. Would anybody like to have Steve Kline, You can have him for free. B)

Well Albert dissappointed me yesterday when I saw him wearing one of those wimpy gold necklaces that they think they have to wear. I wish I could coach pro-ball for one day. There would be no jewlery and none of this fancy crap after home runs. Would anybody like to have Steve Kline, You can have him for free. B)

With that attitude, you would only coach pro ball for one day, the players would get you axed in a hurry.

I don't see a problem with it...if it's not hurting anybody or giving him an unfair advantage, let him.

And Kline isn't that bad...would you rather have Lance Painter?

Pro players have pretty much all turned into pretty boys. I hate to say it but even Pujols is one now. There is no need to wear all that crap out there. They don't get paid to wear it, they get paid to play ball. They could do high fives and stuff after their home runs but they would run when the ball is hit and if they didn't they would get fined or something. I'm sorry but Kline is horrible, last night 1 IP 5 ER. Like two days ago he pitched 1 inning and gave up 2 runs. I haven't seen him shut the other team down since April. He has got to go, He gives them plenty of innings, but he just doesn't have it anymore. If I could think of who Painter is I might take him. B)

Sorry goldenboy, but I have to go with Opperman on this one. Jewelry does not hurt the game nor does it harm anyone. Shoot, if nothing else, it makes you look cool ;).

As for Kline, on the season in 28.0 Innings Pitched, he has given up 15 runs with 13 being earned. His record is 3-4 with 3 saves, and he has only given up 3 home runs with 18 Bases On Balls and 10 K's.

Not that shabby, he looks pretty good this season.

source:mlb.com

I don't think it hurts the game, it just shows how the majority of baseball players are stuck up pretty boys. They worry too much about looking cool and not about the game. Now that I know who Painter is no I wouldn't rather have him, but neither one of them are good. Those stats for Kline aren't real good. They're pretty bad actually, especially the BB's to K's ratio. His ERA is 4.18 right now which is bad too. But hopefully he'll start doing better whenever Isringhausen comes back. If he ever does. I'm just glad they didn't bring him in tonight to blow it. ;)

Those stats for Kline aren't real good. They're pretty bad actually, especially the BB's to K's ratio. His ERA is 4.18 right now which is bad too.

Out of 28.0 innings pitched, you think 18 bbs to 10 ks is bad?!?!? I think thats pretty good, and for the 4.18 ERA, out of 28.0 innings, that aint bad. I would take that anyday. ;)