Lewis County in 2003

tnhssports

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now now now children, pagingmrherman (a.k.a STILL the best popcorn maker in the state) is back to throw in my 2 cents. Usually I hear all the same ole' rumors during the summer bout the Lewis County football team but this year has been a little different. I haven't quite heard as much info but the things I have heard have really restored my faith in this year's team. I figured with all our bigger leaders leaving last year that this year would be a rebuilding year, but not according to what I've heard. I'm not trying to give anyone the big head but I've heard that this year's team will be every bit as good as last. It's true that we're not exactly known as the best late season team, but the last time I checked most teams would kill to make it as far as we do EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I haven't heard as much hype this year but I've heard enough to make me confident in our team. We probably won't be as good as some of the years past, but you can bet your life we'll give every team we play a run for their money. I have no worries about the coaches, as much time as Lewis County spends thinking about football, I'm sure we'll pick the right ones.

Well I'm glad to see the best popcorn maker in the state back on here. I think the team will be just fine this year. Everybody's been saying that they're stronger than ever and I know they're working out harder this summer than in the past. I feel sorry for the young kids though, who will never get to hear the famous phrase "I need people". Good luck this year guys. :justwrestle:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone listen up....As of now the New coaches are...Coach Mike Pack-he's had 2 State Championships one in Georgia and one in "quote me if i'm wrong" North Carolina..the other addition to the LCHS Panthers staff is Coach Matt McConnell from Camden...I haven't got to talk to neither one of the coaches very much but they both seem to have an effect on the whole team...I truly think that this will be a great year for the Panthers...Just from practicing 2 days i can tell that we have more intensity, less complaining, and alot more Pride...But that concludes my reply...(oh and be sure to come to at least one of the practices to see what i'm talking about if you don't believe me)...

"GUNS"

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Pack coached the Panthers from 1978-1982 and had three undefeated regular seasons in a row from 79-81. He is intense and will be a huge asset to the team. Unless he did something I am unaware of, he has not won state championships in Georgia and North Carolina.. He is a heck of a fisherman though..HA!

Coach McConnell is from Camden and coached at Huntingdon last season.. Coach Callicott has been moved onto the staff fulltime.

Tim "Tex" Watkins is now the middle school principal.. Chad "Chip" Moorehead is the new high school principal replaceing former principal/Defensive guru Benny Pace who is the new director of schools. Trent Hill is also now a principal in the, I think it's called "intermediate" school. Scotty Duncan is now coaching at Columbia Central. Lost four, gained two plus elevated one.

Wesley Duncan was recently hired from Nashville Christian as head coach at Whitthorne Junior High in Columbia.

From what I have seen of the Panthers, they are a very typical Coach Sharp type team in that they are strong, physical and tough up front. Very strong... but unfortunately, pretty slow a foot.. need to find some gamebreakers outside of David Sharp. Where we are getting that they are small is funny to me? Offensive line goes...

Livingston 276

Bates 175

Skelton 223

Dodson 210

Lomax 284

Hull (TE) 6'4" 220

Defensive front is:

Arledge 190

King 300+

Mayor 230

Lomax 284

Hull 220

As for Lewis County not ever getting out of the quarterfinals, may I nitpick and say that is incorrect. Lost to Lake County 14-0 in semis in 1979.

That's today's historical review and such... Send all dontations to my meal fund to Haney... c/o WMLR Radio.... thanks