Soddy Daisy Football

Larry Mills

How do you think the Trojans will do this year?I saw in the Tennessee football magazine that they only had 2 prospects listed(Daniel Thompson-LB and Paul Campbell-RB/FB/LB).It is my understanding that they have more than that on the team,and i was curious to how those guys will do?Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by Larry Mills

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry, You are correct sir. Soddy-Daisy had 7 upcoming seniors listed in the Chatt. Times-Free Press, as players to watch in 04. Daniel Thompson wasn't one of them. That was the most players listed by any school. Watch for Mosgrove and Marty (def backs), former fearless wedge busters on spec. teams. Bivens and Boron to join Thompson at lb. Groce and Jackson coverted from rb to wideouts. Winton at tailback in backfield with Campbell. Tiner at kicker, kick off, punt, fg and pats, could be best kicker in the area. Phelps at qb.

Deepball Dad

Larry,

You must be new here. csense has a major ax to grind against Coach Ryan. He comes out of the woodwork about this time every year and whines. He always says that Coach Ryan is responsible personally for 1-2 losses every year. Well csense who is responsible for the other 3-4 losses? It must be the players. You going to get on here and ride the kids now?...... Didn't think so.

Deepball Dad

Larry,

You must be new here. csense has a major ax to grind against Coach Ryan. He comes out of the woodwork about this time every year and whines. He always says that Coach Ryan is responsible personally for 1-2 losses every year. Well csense who is responsible for the other 3-4 losses? It must be the players. You going to get on here and ride the kids now?...... Didn't think so.

Deepball Dad

First of all deep I have been monitoring this board and posting periodically throughout the year, so I didn't just "come out of the woodwork".

Secondly, I do not have an axe to grind with Coach Ryan, I just call it like I see it.

Thirdly, they are in one of the toughest regions in the state. I am not riding any of the kids, it just might be that some of the other teams could be a little better than SD this year.

Sounds like if anyone is riding kids or talent you may be. You seem to be the one insinuating that the talent has not been there the past several years. If the coaches are not the problem, then the talent is way off. What was their record last year? Did they make the playoffs? I personally thought they had enough talent to do so.

Shall we discuss any of the defeats the past several years, especially the major turning points in the games and where they stemmed from?

Is this Slater, I mean MR...by another pseudonym?