TN Teams in the KY Hoopfest

The TN Teams played well in this weekends KY Hoopfest in Louisville, KY. The Clarksville Magic finished the tournament 2-2, earning a spot in the Gold (Championship) Bracket. The TN Dreams finished 1-3 with one of thier loses coming on a forfeit.

The Clarksville Magic beat a solid Carster (OH) Hurricanes team by 4 and a very yung and athletic Indy Spiece Select team by 16 to set up a key matchup in pool play with the Orlando (FL) Hoopsters. They lost to the Hoopsters 65-56 to finish second in the pool but still advancing to the Gold Bracket. The Magic lost in the first round to the New Jersey Cyclones 38-46. Overall the Clarksville Magic had a very good showing and represented the State and City well.

-SR Devon Bracy (Clarksville H.S.) led the Magic with a 10.5ppg, 2.8rpg, and 3.5 average. He was steady at the pg spot all weekend long.

-JR Thomas Pfaff (Clarksville Northeast H.S.) was second in scoring (9.0) and first in rebounding (6.8). This was his first tournament of the year with the Clarksville Magic. He was a big body and strong rebounder all tournament.

-JR James Bolden (Rossview H.S.) and SR Quinn Bradley (Clarksville H.S.) were the two surprises of the tournament for the Magic. Bradley played out of position at times and Bolden throughout the whole tournament never really played his natural WG/WF postition. Quinn was seconding in scoring with a 7.5ppg average, and James was 4th at 7.0ppg and 5.8 rpg.

Overall very good tournament, Eddie Ford put together another fine tournament with some excellent teams and great attendence from college scouts.

The TN Dreams beat a very athletic Indiana team by 1 point. They were short handed all weekend missing a few key players. SR Brandon Burney (Mont. Central) had a subpar tournament offensively but really turned up the intensity on the defensive end.

Charles,

Enough is enough!!! Brandon had far from a subpar tournament. With an average of 17ppg. Would you please stop trying to build your program up by tearing down others. You already called the newspaper and said you have the areas best team and prospects even though us and everyone else easily beats you by 20. To Gomab, Brandon played very well as did Drake Reed who average 14ppg. Also playing outstanding was Eric Whittaker, Will Newell, and Ramon Williams.

Charles I don't need you to get on here and post updates of my team. I guess sub par play gets you offered a scholarship by Austin Peay, Tennessee Tech, Belmont, and Liberty University. The Tennessee Dreams will have no less than 3 guys sign D1 in class of 2004. Let's see if you have 3 that sign on any level. You are getting really ridiculous with this evaluating players stuff. But you know me we can settle it on the court, and I believe we have that date set July 26 7:00 Northeast High. But don't get on here and give a Tennessee Dreams update.

Carl, for your information..I didnt call the Newspaper they heard we were going and wanted to have a write up on the local team (Clarksville Magic)...By the way it said that we have the best college bound players in this area with the exception of two Burney and Antwon Harris. Read the article again..Sorry lil brother got left off. If your not careful Eric might end up with us so dont claim him too soon.

Charles,

You are absolutely right. I should have read the article more carefully. I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Charles you are a great coach and run a great program. And Drake hasn't yet proven he is one of the areas top players.

Clarksville Rankings

1a Brandon Burney

1b Antwon HArris

2 Devon Bracy

3 Tre Trotter

4 Desmond Garrett

5 Quin Bradley

6 Alex Bowers

7 Eric Whittaker

8 Graylin Tuck

9 Kevin Townley

10 Will Newell

11 Drake Reed

Charles or anyone else!!! What do you think?

Edited by CoachReed

Carl, check your mail..I wrote you back.

This is getting crazy, first I posted how the only two TN Teams did in the Hoopfest both teams based out of Clarksville and this happens. To me it aint worth arguing over, I'm cool with every "STAR" in Clarksville. I'd love to see every player in the Clarksville play on the next level if thats what they want to do. I'm a HIGH SCHOOL coach first and sometimes AAU coaches tend to forget why they're coaching summer league its not to argue over who has the best players thats for sure. Obviously everybody wants the best players to compete with but in a area this small, with some little players to go around, you just hope that all of them are playing and having fun. I dont have the time to argue over 15-17 yr old kids. I have best wishes for all of them.

Carl, you can have all the players you want next year this was my last year. I'll still be helping kids out as far as trying to get them in college but I'm not gonna coach older kids anymore. I went out with the group that I've started with since they were 8th grade and freshman in high school. We've done some good things in the 3 or 4 years. I've seen some kids improve dramatically. By the way, we may not have D1s but they'll have the option to play on the next level somewhere if thats what they want to do because they've all qualified and everybody is almost cleared through the NCAA. I hope your program continue to grow and keep up the good work.

All I know is its not worth arguing and fighting over because I can bet the kids arent arguing and fighting over who they're gonna play for. I dont go out and try to "cut throat" anybody for players..Thats crazy, you either play for me or you dont..but I've continued a good thing that Jerry Allburt started a long time ago.