Predictions for a huge upset this year

HeavyEagle275

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Oakland all those no- names never did anything except for Carlos and that quarterback we sack like 10 times. Never heard anything about anyone esle. Face it Carlos is like your whole team, without him no Oakland. Well maybe there would still be an Oakland but they would'nt be that good... B)

Guest Oakland

man you are sorely mistaken if you think carlos is all of oakland, many people around this area will tell ya differently? and no names?! all those guys that i named were all starters and contributed heavily to oakland's success last year, i mean i wouldnt be talkin real big considering you guys did lose your offense in rico turner and tim herbert, plus breaking in a qb who hasnt seen any competitive action to speak of. beat gallatin lincoln county or brentwood first and then maybe i will think otherwise and face it this year will be rebuilding for blackman

Guest Oakland

man i am not saying oakland is just the greatest team to walk the earth i just think oakland has a good chance of making some noise in 5a, especially with returning 16 starters from last year's team. now, in carlos' defense, last year was carlos' first year as a starter and although he didnt have 100+ he faired pretty well against a good blackman defense and a great riverdale D. I dont merely think oakland has a bunch of hype surrounding it, but when you have a lot of experience returning to a team that has fared really well the last 4 , 5 years people tend to talk about them and thus put a target, i just think its you that maybe a lil jealous cuz just maybe you know that blackman is in for it this year, dont perceive it as the truth, but by the way you are talking, it sure sounds like that.

Guest region4fan

Okay BlazeP.....easy now boy. You are getting awfully riled up about my boys at Oakland. I thought it was Riverdale that you guys despised, not us!!

I need to address a few things on here:

First of all, we had many impact players last year. Let me remind you that Johnathan Carter was named Region 4 Defensive Player of the Year. He was playing D-end and had never played in that position before. Not bad, huh???He is playing college ball at Western Kentucky this fall, not Cumberland. Also have you forgotten Chris Hill?? I am sure that any lineman at Blackman has not!! Oakland has not been known for any SINGLE player. We are the Patriots, not Carlos and the Patriots!! Last year Blackman was Rico and the Blaze according to most of your fans. Our coaches at OHS pride themselves on TEAM. Everyone does his part. We win as a team and lose as a team. We are not making this season all about Carlos! Anyone that knows football can tell you that a back cannot do his job w/o a solid line!! As for Ebal, I would certainly not want to judge my team or season by his performance. He has what it takes to be a champion, but lost his focus last year. In my opinion, he cost us against Riverdale. You are giving him too much credit.

Now I am not going to dredge up things from the past season, but you can compare some ballgame final scores and get the picture. We didn't get blown out in any game...can you say the same? I think not.

Our focus is on this year. Oakland has a lot of talent, desire, great coaching, and did I mention 2 gold balls?? How can you begin to say that we have done nothing. Besides that fact, we have beaten Riverdale. Now until you can say the same, I would put a muzzle on.

Now, you ar e a good fan for the Blaze. My buddy, Oakland 2001 is a FANTASTIC and loyal fan for Oakland. Let's be proud of our teams and wish them the best this season. Let's have fun on the boards, but when push comes to shove, let's unite against the other schools out of our region.

Guest region4fan

Hey Oakland2001, sorry...... I have been on vacation!!! But when I am around , I will ALWAYS have your back!!We Oakland fans always stick together. Just like the players on the team are a family, so are Oakland's fans!!!