Lipscomb Camp...Franklin, Germantown, John Paul II

sportschic24

I was very impressed with some of the competition we had at the David Lipscomb camp! Pope John Paul II was very talented and had some strong forwards. I dont know what div. they are in but we do play them in the season. Germantown was also there.... I wasnt sure what to think when i saw them and i do believe that some of the players did not attend the camp. They seemed pretty strong but from their past history it seems like they are not as strong as they used to be. I wasnt able to see the whole team play together bc they split into two different teams but they still showed good talent and they will give us a good game if we are able to play them this season. The camp was amazing.... we had chances to work with college coaches and they took different teams and trained them. They had a chance to look at indivisual players and basicly see if they might be some one to look at in the future. Next year should be just as good and i hope we are able to attend the camp again. To any teams who read this.... it is a great team camp and something to look into in the future for next summer if you want college coaches to get a look at you.

Yes, i agree... the camp was VERY impressive! There was a lot of soccer being played within 3 days. Yes i do believe each team played around 13-14 games in the 3 days. The competition was awesome! Pope John Paul (2K) has good talent through the middle. If you ask me it's a four man team. They have strong center mids and strong forwards. Germantown, i agree with sportschic, i couldn't really tell how strong they will be since they were split up. But from what i heard they were split up into a senior/junior team, and a freshman/sophomore team, and their older team did fairly well. Franklin was also split up into 2 teams. And they were split very evenly, it had nothing to do with age. I believe they would tie evertime they played each other. So i would really like to see what they can do when they're put together with they're strongest players playing together. But they camp was run very well. They had 2 All-Star games during the camp where the trainers chose 3 players from their team to play on a team against a team made up of college players and friends of Lipscomb girls soccer coach Jenger Parrish. That was a blast for the campers, and a great experience. There were trainers from different colleges to help with all the teams.... coaches from Oklahoma Christian, North Dakota, Winthrop, and Birmingham Southern. The camp was awesome and will more than likely be even better next year if the word gets out of how good of a camp it was. ;)