Super South Private School League

FlyBy

Last year I threw out the idea of one Super League bringing all of the Southeastern Private Power Schools into one private league. I agree that it sounded a little crazy at first, but I am beginning to believe that the concept is not that ridiculous.

With all of the hoopla surrounding the MBA Trinity game and the talk of an estimated crowd in excess of 5,000 people, I am beginning to imagine what it really would look like week in and week out.

What if MBA's schedule looked like this for 2004:

@ Trinity

Brentwood Academy

@ McCallie

Jax Bolles

@ Marist

Evangel

@ Baylor

MUS

@CBHS

etc....

I know I left off several good schools, but you get the picture. Can you imagine the excitement that that would bring to the High School arena?

I know that this is impossible because of the impact on the student related activities which is why kids ultimately go to MBA anyway; however, it is fun to think about it.

The issue may be forced by the continuing attempt at marginalizing the private schools in terms of athletics. In essence, you could end up with something similar to what had happened with basketball, where all the talk about high quality younger players will go to play their Junior and Senior years (Oak Hill, etc.). Evangel Christian is pretty much playing this type of schedule already.

If the publics think there is a talent drain now...just wait.