Clarksville Football

bogie

So Eaglefan, you just going to lay down and roll over? Come on!!! Get with it! Can't you see that they are playing and we have to decide that this is a fight that we will win. I believe that if a walk-out is called that yes, the parents will get highly ticked and will fight for sports to get back in the school. Nothing will happen until the parents get fully involved. As a teacher you should know that there isn't much you can do about this situation except play with the hand you are dealt. And, for the sake of the kids, I believe that the coaches ARE SUPPORTING the kids when they propose a boycott. If they let it slide this year, we will probably never get it back. I feel pretty sure that if your principal asked you to work, let's say just 20 hours a week over your regularly schedule time, WITHOUT PAY!, spend many long hours away from your family, WITHOUT PAY! that you would be calling your TEA representative. So come on. Let's be honest here!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its one HUGE mess! As far as I know- ALL assistants are going unsupplemented. I guess I agree with both sides of the argument. If it were me, Id coach for free just because I love to coach and wouldnt care about the money. But on the other hand, it is a slap in the face and more than likely the pay would never come back, like middle school sports didnt long ago, which hurts the county the most. The thing I dont understand is cutting JV. If the same coach was to coach it, wouldnt that be ok? The board pays NOTHING for sports except for the coaches supplement, and the boosters take it from there. I know there was talk before about getting rid of everything but basketball and football. I play 3 sports, and basketball is one of em, but if their gonna cut one, they better cut em all because theres no need just to keep 2 sports and nothing else, but I dont think thats going to happen anymore. This may push a few buttons, and I may be way off base, but Id start with cutting things like band, dance team and cheerleading. I think eaglefans motives are genuine and I applaude him for not backing down, and no one should criticize him for that descision. So I think both parties, for and against boy cotting need to look at both sides of the argument and work together. This is where a little coach's teamwork needs to come into play. I do know that alot of time in practice (especially football) has already been put in, and to give up now seems silly to me. Boy- what a mess!

Edited by mchsballer