Pigeon Forge Football

pfhsfootball58

Did the record from last year reflect the talent level they have on the team? I have seen them several times. They don't seem to have the skill players to compete with some of the teams they are playing. I do think they will in several years, but can they make it once they get out of the region.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boyz!

Whew! I believe I stirred up a fire storm.

I hate to be negative and the beer comment was a little tongue 'n cheek.

However, I am not sure it wasn't a little accurate.

I am also a little sure I didn't step on some toes of some other avid supporters who hold allegiance to Mr. Schrandt.

I think he is an excellent administrator. I also think last years coach didn't have a chance when "Coach" Schrandt's son was removed as the starting quarterback.

All I care about is fairness, fairness to the kids and to the coaches. I felt it was a good move last year, and hate it that he got hurt. However, it was a sound coaching move.

As for Dr. Jack A. Parton, he is a GP man anyway.

Love you boyz!

:lol:

well suzie your pretty funny cause you have no idea what you are talking about "coach schrandt" and i call him coach schrandt because he is a coach and a darn good one too first off all he waznt upset because his son waz removed from QB he waz upset becuase coach or shall we say mister cross had no idea how to be a "head coach" even the past teams he's been with have told us that so you need to get tha facts straight before you open your mouth!!!

SUSIE,

YOUR'E RIGHT ABOUT COACH PARTON, I MEAN SUPERINTENDENT PARTON. ANYWAY, COACH SCHRANDT IS A TEAM GUY, HE WOULD NEVER PUT HIS OWN SON AHEAD OF THE TEAM. EVERYBODY HERE KNEW HIS SON'S BEST CHANCE IS WHERE HE IS NOW. HE'S THE BEST ONE ON ONE DB PIGEON FORGE HAS. IF HE STAYS HEALTHY, HE'LL KEEP PLAYING.

BOTTOM LINE, THE NEW IS IN AND THE OLD IS OUT AND THE NEW IS MORE OLD SCHOOL THAN THE OLD ANYWAY. WHATEVER ALL THAT MEANS. GO TIGERZ

Mr. Cross did not leave here to be a head coach he is just a coach as I understand it. The new system and all the new dicipline in our program is really refreshing. The kids love it and the community love it. More and more people want to get involved with PFHS now that everything is different. Coach Ryan is the reason for all the new excitment around the city. He knows that he is the head coach and understands that the title doesnt make him better than anyone else, just with more responsibility. He very rarely deligates and when he does everyone knows that he really does need the help and is more than happy to pitch in. That was obviously not the way it was in the past. The old military saying goes something like this, "A leader leads from the front." That is exactly why the players and the staff at PFHS will follow Coach Ryan anywhere he wants them to go. And show a heap of character on the way there.

Hey boyz!

Obviously, I don't know what I am talking about. After all I am just a frail little woman and could never be as smart as you strong macho men.

However, it is interesting to me that Coach Cross didn't have any problems until Mr. Schrandt's son was moved. At least that is the way it appears.

becuase coach or shall we say mister cross had no idea how to be a "head coach" even the past teams he's been with have told us that

Now these are your words...if the past teams have told you that...why was he hired? Who did he know? You can't tell me politics doesn't play a part in every decision for hiring and firing in the Sevier County School system.

If Benny Hammonds, Steve Brewer or Gary Householder wanted somebody hired or fired...it would be so and Dr. P would be the man to do it!

I am glad the Forge is stronger, I think they will play well Friday night and give Greenback all they want. They might even win. That would be great!

However, since I don't know what I am talking about, and since "Coach" Schrandt's son was moved from QB, and then amazingly...Mr. Cross had no discipline...I just don't like the politics in Sevier County and that move was political.

Love you boyz!

:P

Edited by susie

Do you realize how silly you adults sound on here? It is high school football, that's all. We all realize how much winning means to our community, but first and foremost we play for ourselves. We have worked hard to get where we are now. So try and be supportive. Is that too hard?Before you go running your mouth, please remember we are still just high school students. Oh and by the way....I am glad I no longer play QB. I am being recruited now as a wide receiver/ defensive back. I will end up playing either Division 1 football or D1-AA. Come watch Friday night and see for yourself the change in attitude in Pigeon Forge.

PF played a good game last night. Didn't look anything like last year. Expect good things from this team. Discipline is there and they never gave up. Played their hearts out for 4 quarters. way to go, Tigers. We expect respect for you and your coaches and your administation. keep up the work.