HUNTINGDON VS. BRUCETON

mhsalumni77

It's that time of year again. What better way to start it than a classic battle in carroll county.

I know that Hun. has more talent than Bru., but will Hun. overlook Bru.

I also saw in the jamboree that Hun. struggled at left gaurd. Everyone else up front did good.

Finally I heard Hun. has somewhat of an injury bug. The quarterback (Adam Parish) has been hurt. Is he Ok? I also heard a startin lineman SR. is hurt. When will he return.

I'm interested b/c Hun. is my team for this year. This is who I am picking to win the 2a State Championship.

Good luck to every team....

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surely huntingdon won't underestimate bruceton after seeing the way they hung with westview. i did hear that the qb was injured, but that it was a couple of scrimmages ago. he didn't play in a scrimmage last week, but was back this week for the jamboree. i saw the lineman on the sidelines in his jersey and shorts last night, too. it was #60. i heard that he hurt his foot (either toe or ankle), but should be back monday of bruceton week ready to play. he might be the starting left guard. ???

I agree with thriller, after seeing Bruceton play against westview, there is no reason for hunt. to overlook them. About parish the QB he cut his hand and had stitches, but they were takin out monday before the jamboree, and his fine and ready to go, and the left gaurd that was week, was someone filling in for spellings, b/c he hurt his toe in practice, but should be ready monday. He was possibly ready friday, they just didnt want to push ne thing, especially for a scrimmage

Edited by dlove04

The other guy that ran the ball last yr, was porter, and he had over 1000 yards last yr. He is at flanker on offense, and maybe begin to run the ball here pretty soon. as far as takin bell's spot, they are good...... but to replace someone with that much experience, speed, and talent...that will be very questionable, mainly because weathers is a sophomore who didnt see ne time last yr, and donald a freshman....they are definetly going to push bell, but i believe his experience will keep him at his spot

Edited by dlove04

Bell was ranked PRESEASON #1 by The Murphy's State Fair book.... I think he deserves that kind of ranking ... That other guys name is Kenneth Porter .... he plays flanker and so does weathers .... Its hard to believe they moved porter after last yr. .... does he even play defence? If not thats a waste of great talent ... he could compete for any starting RB job in West Tenn.

Edited by mhsalumni77

Donald and Weathers must be pretty good to come in and take away the running duties of someone that had 1000 yards the previous year. Did the Porter kid get hurt early in practice or is Donald and Weathers that much better? Anyone know if Bell has the grades to play any where and is anyone looking at him?

Donald and Weathers are two fine atheletes with alot of potential, but at this moment they aren't at the same level as bell. Bell's grades are OK, not outstanding, but they are good enough for teams to look at him, which they are, but im not sure who exactly. Porter had right at 970 yds last season, but this is still preseason action........