Oh my GOSH! DID I HEAR RIGHT?!

SemperFiBlue

Did I hear right or is this some nasty joke?! I'm a '98 grad of Coffee County, and while I appreciate Tullahoma when they aren't facing the Big Red for the Coffee Pot, I find it surprising that White County could actually beat John Olive's team.

Is this true? Did White County actually come from behind to beat Tullahoma????

White County???? OVER TULLAHOMA???? I CAN'T SEE THAT!!!

HOLY COW!! I SAW THE SCORE!!

Yes, White County (ranked #61 which is last in Class 4A) defeated Class 4A's 14th ranked Tullahoma Wildcats 28-27!

Sonny Moore ranks Tullahoma at 90th while he has White County at #258.

Well, I'm a graduate of Coffee County Central, so as a fan of the Red Raiders, this has to provide some glimpse of hope that maybe the Coffee Pot will return to Manchester for the second time in 21 years. The last time Coffee County defeated Tullahoma was in 1996 (I was a junior at Coffee Co. Central then). We defeated the Wildcats at Wilkins Stadium in Tullahoma by a score of 18-13.

I'm thinking Coffee County could beat Tullahoma more than ever, especially in light of some awesome scrimmages where Coffee County defeated Soddy Daisy, Chattanooga-Red Bank, Lawrence County, and Dalton High (GA). Dalton High finished last year with a 15-1 record. Coffee County's only preseason losses were a 21-7 loss to Chattanooga-Baylor and a blowout loss to Class 5-A power, Riverdale.

Coffee County has the coaches and the players to be one of the biggest surprises in the state this year--definitely a playoff bound team! Wow! The last time I predicted that was when I was a senior in 1997! We went 7-3 on the regular season (losing only to Riverdale, Columbia, and Tullahoma) and went to the playoffs and lost to McMinn County in the first round!

It's great to be from Coffee County! It's great to be from Middle Tennessee!

GO CHS RED RAIDERS!

GO MTSU BLUE RAIDERS!

• 5 weeks later...