Springfield/Beech

slim589

I, too, was shocked to see this score. However, after reading the article on the game, I see why. Beech fumbled the ball 7 times.....twice deep in their own end. With 7 fumbles, they should have lost by at least 20 points. If they can hold on to the ball, looks like they should do well this season.

beech dominated most of the ball game. turnovers killed them everytime they mounted drives. The defense did there part most of the night. The Springfield Q-back is very shifty and quick with his feet. The cool air after the storm also help to Springfield's advantage, look a litttle tired going into the 4th qtr. Beech will have its hands full on Friday with a big strong Dickson County squad at home. Spgfield will catch Gallatin at home. It will be interesting to see the stats on that game compared to the Beech/Sprfield game.

I'm not shocked. Maybe a little surprised. Springfield has good athletes, but it is usually Springfield that committs the turnovers and is a little undisciplined. They did take some bad penalties in the game.

Sometimes turnovers are caused by aggressive defenses, but I don't know if this was the case.