predictions for this year

Bulldogs76

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man! I was waiting for someone to get on here!

I think the perennial favorite - Bradley Central will fight for first with Soddy Daisy. Clarksville High - Hmmm, if they get their stuff together will be a good shot for 3rd. Science Hill was looking pretty good last year. I'm not sure what they lost to graduation. Right now my mind is blank. When I think of more I will add more.

Well, assuming most people stay close to last year's weight (we don't know yet) - and keep in mind, this is a PRE SEASON PREDICTION:

103 - no prediction yet

112 - Ari Ibrahim (Overton)

119 - I doubt Shawn Cordell & Kyle James will be here, but I say Kyle James, if they are in the same weight class.

125 - Brad Felix

130 - Jake West

135 - John Lane

140 - I'm torn here between Bobby Musser or Scooter Houston (will he be allowed to wrestle this year after last year's showing?)

145 - tough one here - maybe Jordan Yoder?

152 - Hmmm, Jim Weakley or Jamil Littlejohn

160 - Quinn Gibson

171 - Bryant Blackmon

189 - Paul Campbell

215 - tough to call - Stanley Brooks? Drew Henderson?

275 - Impossible to call - but I think Cory Douglas of Maplewood (1st pick) or Bashara Robinson of Westside. We lost a TON of great talent here last year.

Okay, these are my picks, my opinion. What do you think?

Just Wrestle;

Bobby Musser moved back to Nevada in the off season. I will go along with you on Scooter Houston @ 140 ,I think Yoder is a decent wrestler but I don't see him winning the state tournament 145 is usually a very deep weight class. As far as the 152 weight class goes I would put Ken Jenkins, ahead of both Littlejohn and Weakley considering Jenkins beat both those guys last year and was on the other side of the bracket at State;also at 152 you might want to consider Ty Cody from Science Hill.

275---Douglas of maplewood no way i saw him get dominated several times last year. but he is still a good wrestler nevertheless. Robinson my be in the finals but not the champion. what about some of the boys in region 3 they are always tough aren't they.

135--- look for d. boyce and west to battle it out again , but who really knows where peoples weights are going to be.

hope everyones off-season training is going well

I think, though I am not positive, that all the guys who dominated Douglas last year had all graduated. That is why I thought he might be the one to win.

Those are good choices on the others. I think I will wait to see what weight class everyone is moving up to before making more accurate predictions.

Edited by JustWrestle

I'll put my best guess up on each weight just so I can look at this in February and laugh at myself. I don't have these guys in any order just my top two picks at each weight. Once the season starts and we find out where these guys are actually at weight wise I'm sure I'll have to move everyone around.

Coleman - Cleveland / Pair - Page

Tinsley - Bradley /Puckett-Gibbs

Cordell - Bradley / James - Soddy

Felix - Franklin / Ibrahim-Overton

Boyce - Cookeville / West - Bradley

Lane - Soddy / Seaman-Mt. Juliet

Davis - Franklin / Sanders-Montgomerey Central

Gessler-Tullahoma / Scooter Houston - Jefferson County

Borneman-Houston / Cody-Science Hill

Gibson - Bradley / Knox - Farragut

Blackmon - Bradley / Mower - Houston

Campbell - Soddy / Cooper - Bradley