collinwood loretto game

ssssssss

i went to the game tonight and was highly impressed with collinwood and somewhat impressed with loretto also. Being a collinwood fan i was discouraged by what ive heard about them struggling in scrimmages but i must say i was surprised by how well they put it together by their first game. Overall i think collinwood is a much improved team this year. They have much, much more depth, better line play, and a really tremendous secondary. no 15 derrick bryant a sophomore safety is a star, he is a huge hitter and just a terrific player. Colt risner is a great running back with awesome moves and good power for a small guy. Collinwood is running the ball this year and they have quite a stable of backs. Dj haddock is a gifted inside runner, and the qb sopomore dixon has tremendous speed. He broke lorettos back with a great run of about seventy yards in the fourth quarter. The final score was 28 14 for collinwood by the way.

The best thing about collinwood is their defense, it was quick and vicious after a bit of a slow start, allowing a long mustang drive on the second loretto possession. For all those people who think collinwood is down, well you are sadly mistaken my friends. This team actually RUNS the ball thank goodness.

Loretto will win a lot of games, they have a HUGE team, one of the biggest ive ever seen and their running back no. 2 whitsett is very talented but he lost a lot of steam after taking many crunching hits and being gangtackled. I like loretto but they were outran all night by a very, very fast collinwood.

Collinwood pretty much dominated but the game was fairly close due to a really ugly bunch of turnovers and miscues by the trojans. HOpefully this is due to first game jitters and many players starting their first varsity game. However, the talent is there and this is easily the most depth i have ever seen at collinwood, its amazing for a school that small to have that much talent and a public scool at that. wow.

The wood is gonna win region 6 again fer shure but the question is will they have their fourth straight undefeated regular season, i think its very possible. And i am being objective, i didnt expect anything like i saw tonight, they are a fine football team.

The wood is gonna win region 6 again fer shure but the question is will they have their fourth straight undefeated regular season, i think its very possible. And i am being objective, i didnt expect anything like i saw tonight, they are a fine football team.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but yall play

at Cornersville R

Eagleville R

Forrest R

at Mt. Pleasant R

Moore Co. R

at Huntland R

Wayne Co. R

at Cascade R

Columbia Academy R

Those are some very tough games, and I dont think the possibility is there to go all the way (perfect record). I dont know about yall winning yalls division either, too many teams out there. Well, thats all the comments I have. Peace B)

What I saw out of this game is that Collinwood's line needs improving. Loretto was on the QB or RB lots of times before they even got the ball, or as soon as the ball was handed off to them. With improvment on the line Collinwood will be hard to beat as the rest of the game is played very well. Especially the kicking game. I think that's was the most extra points they have put up in one game in a long time. Good luck guys.

well, im not going to disrespect the other teams in 6a at all but i think the trojan program is moving up to another level as hard as that may be to believe. They are a sophomore dominated team that is only going to improve by a lot each and every game. They have never had this many atheletes or this many truly outstanding individual players. Yes, i know thats hard to swallow considering some of the great teams they have had in the past but i know what i saw. There were some communiation problems that led to fumbles but much of this i think was due to the qb being so young and forgetting to pay attention to details, like once when they were only trying to draw loretto offsides and no one told the center and he snapped the ball to no one. I tell ya, loretto is one good looking bunch of studs but there were times when they looked bewildered by the trojan speed and moves. Of course collinwood will have tough games and could lose some, but those people on here who said they wouldnt be much of a factor are just plain WRONG!!!!!!!!!! you can carry that to the bank.

Edited by ssssssss