Peabody Defense

Sad Tide Fan

Peabody may have a smaller than usual defensive line, but they are as tough as any out there. Chester CO. beat them on the score board but the second half was all Peabody Defense. The offense was given the opportunity to score several times. They just couldnt produce. Chester Co. scored two td's in the first half and the only reason they scored the last one was because the defense was exhausted. If Haney can find an offense that works then the Tide will roll this year; otherwise it could be a long hard season for a great defensive squad. :D Haney always said that all you need is heart. I hope he can see what heart that defense has and can find the right players for a good offense!!!!!

Trenton does have a good defense but Chester County was much more stronger and Chester County's defense stopped Peabody's offense the whole night. Chester County's secondary played very well I think they only gave up a 6 yard td pass but that was probally due to fatigue b/c for most of the 2nd half Chester County's defense was on the field b/c trentons defense was a lil better in the 2nd half, but Chester County sealed the game when #11 Clark blocked a punt then Chester County's Kyle Walker ran for a 40 yard td. Like I've been saying Chester County has improved alot from last year and they showed it Friday night. Im looking foward to their next game against Riverside since they beat a tough Lexington team Friday night.

I think Trenton threw 24 times, at least according to The Jackson Sun. If I remember right, it had them 11-24 on passing attempt for something like 83 yards. The Eagle defense played it well, with the D-line putting enough pressure on Harper to make him hurry, and the secondary playing tight enough to make Harper have to execute a near-perfect pass. Most of his completions were on short out routes, and they got very few yards after the catch. The only "big" strike they had was a 28 yard pass from Harper to Joyner on 4th down, and Joyner made a fantastic catch to haul it in.

Peabody has a good defense,the offense does not have a game breaker. Harper will have to hit some big pass plays for the Tide to score. The same as evry year Peabody has to beat Dresden and HUmboldt to make the playoffs. I think the Tide has enough to handle those two . Their reward will be going to Memphis the first round and playing Mitchell.