Dobyns-Bennett vs. Knox Bearden

dbblood#22

This was a very entertaining game. The Indians offense went from a passing team to a ball control running team in the second half and was able to control the clock. The Indian defense bent but didn't break...how many more cliches do you think I can add?...Dee Peeler, Walker Throp, Cedric Hodge, Steven Moten, Jason Sensabaugh, Dustin Gaines, Matt McMillian, Tyler Nottingham all had a good game...Peeler had some big sacks throughout the game...Throp had a big sack during the Bulldogs last possession and then an Interception to end the Bulldog threat. Bearden will be a factor all year in the Big East if they play to the level they showed tonight.

Anderson ran well, #19 and #9 were very impressive on defense. Good luck the rest of the way to the Bulldogs.

How 'bout them Indians!?! Congratulations D-B. Roll Tribe

Hey Little Man Stewert definately played @ Mo. West - a four sport all-stater...West beat D-B in football Little Man's senior year, but we beat him in basketball and baseball. He was a classy player and a good high school interview.

D-B is not dodging West or anyone, when Greeneville didn't want to play us anymore and MBA decided it was too expensive to continue that series, we looked long and hard for opponents, got Oak Ridge back and then Sullivan North, both are good attendance games, but aren't in any way a dodge of anyone.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought DB's defense played pretty well except for the off tackle plays Bearden was running. I don't know who Bearden had playing oppsite DB's right tackle, but DB had no answer for him. Bearden's defense was very good tonight, especially the secondary. They have alot of guys that can play. This is the best team I've seen them have in the last 10 yrs.

wow looks like all of you were wrong.........way to stink DB.........OR beat them by 40 in our pre-season game like scrimege, they have no offence and thier defence is slow. In my opinion I'll bet DB was looking ahead to the OR game. Well, all I got to say is DB...be afraid....be very afraid.

-Sunshine#23 :)

Go OR

I saw DB play South a couple weeks back.

I saw OR play that alledged high school team from Bradly Co. last night. OR has a few good players, but I wouldn't hang your hopes on what happened last night. Bradly Co is aweful. Bradley Co's punter, Pickel, was their most valuable player.

OR has a very nice kicker who puts it in the end zone every time. He is also solid at field goals.

Last night the OR offense basically consisted of pitch left/pitch right for Guilmire and Booker. Some mis-direction. Most of the passing plays were rollout. A couple of three step drops. QB missed the wide open WR on several occassions. Stop Booker and Guilmire and you beat OR.

OR defense played solid, but there were never really tested last night. Nice linebackers for sure. They seemed to make alot of plays.

DB will have to play better than they played against Bearden to beat OR. I thought the Bearden game would be close. I am glad that the Bearden game was a tough game. I think it will serve as a nice tune-up game for the Tribe.

ROLL TRIBE!

Edited by rolltriberoll

hey sunshine,

WE AIN'T SKEERED BY GOD, that game, has brought the team closer, we know what it takes to be contenders, and we are, and will be, that was a fast team, and that touchdown happened to be the wrong DEF. play at the wrong time we stunted back side, they couldnt get to the running back, which I might add was really fast, as for there def, being slow, I dont know about all that, they had some real fast DE, and corners, so I have no idea what game u watched, we will be ready for OR, and who ever else, wants some of DB, come get ya some!