Hats off to the North Greene Huskies

krichunaka

Dusty Neal has proven a very capable replacement for departed QB Dustin Collins as he led North Greene over Unaka. North Greene appears to have their best team in years, having beaten Chuckey Doak last week, and playing very tough against Happy Valley on opening night.

Unaka was somewhat limited as all star FB Joey Parlier was sick and saw very limited action, but it was still North Greene's night as Neal, behind good pass protection, picked Unaka's secondary apart.

North Greene will take next week off before entertaining Cloudland.

After last week's heartbreaker at Hurley, Virginia, coupled with the loss to North Greene, Unaka will head to King's Academy, and possibly without starting senior Quarterback Brandon Irick who suffered a hip-pointer on a late hit near the end of the game.

Hats off to the Huskies, and continued success on what hopefully will be your best season ever.

Edited by krichunaka

I want to thank the Unaka Ranger organization for their hospitality, and friendliness last night. The people and the beauty of the location made this a wonderful football experience. If you've not been on Stoney Creek, you are missing a wondful sight, especially in the fall. Thanks again guys!

Dusty Neal has surprised a lot of folks around this way. We have always known of his athletic ability, but his head for football is something new.

Unaka has nothing to hang it's head about in this game, I was really impressed with the team. And there's no doubting Coach Ensor's.... passion! :)

He's my kind of coach, after his boys, but backing them up 100%. I hope Irick is okay, I hate to see anyone hurt, and he will lead this team to victory. All the tools are there, just getting things to click is the task now. I was also impressed with Garland, Lee, Pasquale, and several others. Man, that Pasquale can HIT!

Unaka has some young players that are coming along, and I'm sure will make great contributions soon. Richardson, will make a very good back, his technique is coming along, just needs to work on concentration. Focus is the key thing and the hardest to teach, it just comes with experience. The talent for the job is there.

Like I said, the tools are there, Ensor will get them going. I look forward to hearing great things of Unaka this year and in years to come. Good luck to the Rangers, you really are a credit to your region!

Thanks Ranger, you guys really are classy. Somehow I wish we were closer together and could play more than once! I was looking on Earl Nall's site at the history of the rivalry, and it appears that it is very even, at least since '93. It's a great rivalry, and a friendly one.

Take it to King's Academy for the region!

1)I want to thank the Unaka Ranger organization for their hospitality, and friendliness last night.

2)I hope Irick is okay.

3)Richardson, will make a very good back, his technique is coming along, just needs to work on concentration.

1) Back atchya, of course. That was my third North Greene game this season, and the biggest change from game one is confidence. That comes from the coach of course, but Neal is playing with lots of it as well, which is contagious.

2) Irick does have a hip-pointer, which could keep him out of the line-up from a few days to a few weeks. I've had one, and not only are they no fun, it's so hard to predict the recovery time.

3)Richardson, the sophomore was the left tackle doing battle with Eric from mid-way through the second quarter on. He's bruised and battered, but grew up a lot Friday night. Hope you get a chance to watch the film, John; there were some classic moments.

The senior Richardson (22) was actually the one playing in the backfield, and until Friday he had a total of 7 real-game carries.

{He was trying to fill in for Joey Parlier, who is experiencing a great deal of difficulty during this, his final season.... too many health concerns for someone so young, and so valuable to his team}.

Andrew was having to carry the ball in his left hand - the right hand has a steel plate from surgery last fall, and there's pain and swelling - made him look a bit unorthodox at times I suppose.

He's very honored that a tremendous college has asked him to come there and play Fullback; and his academics are such that he might actually be able to "play" football at an academic college... if at all. I think that all the casts, braces, exrays, MRIs, etc, have taken their toll. ;)

I'm certain we'll have occasion to agrue over various things, John; but so far it's been great. You're probably looking at 6 - 3, possibly 7 - 2 this season (saw only nine games on your schedule). Or better. Not a bad way for Eric to leave high school, huh, dad? Good Luck.

I'm glad that Irick has nothing serious, I know it's painful, but not permanent, that's the important part. Our sport is a violent one at times, and our bodies can take a beating, I've had 6 knee surgeries myself, and never got to play in high school! I'm sorry Kim, I had the boys reversed for some reason I was thinking that Andrew was the Sophmore, and that they had put him in to run some. Duh! Must have had a brain cramp. What I was talking about focus... well the arm explains alot...I could see him slightly hesitate going into the hole, not everytime, but once in a while. I really think he has alot of talent, good speed, and I saw some awesome reads, he'll be just fine whereever he ends up. Wish him luck for me!

Oh, and tell your little one, Eric is more than slightly banged up too! There was a more than a little work having to be done in that trench! He did a great job, I was wondering why Eric was a non-factor for most of the game! Lot of fight in that little man, you have good reason to be proud. I think the Rangers have a bright future this year and the next few, they have great players and heart. Keep boosting them up, and we'll keep cheering from here!

Talk to you soon.