Warren co. coach sued for 20M

pioneerfootballer

Warren co. high school football coach was sued yesterday for 20 million $$$. The people sued are Coach Gerald Tidwell, principal James Bennett, Director of Schools Dr. Hale, and the Warren co. school board. This was filed by the parents of Mario Pezzementie (sp). 20 million dollars is a outragous amount of money but i guess they will settle for less. I didnt think that this football helmet throwing conflict would be brought back up but I guess I was wrong.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach did throw a helmet. The kid was not seriously injured. I'm not trying to make light of an incident at a Warren County football game, but $20 million??? That is just too much, and it sounds to me that money will come from the Warren County school system if it is indeed granted. And guess who's going to have to pay for it? All Warren County taxpayers! Sounds to me that there are some very greedy people out there and want to exploit people when mistakes are made. I do recall Coach Tidwell apologizing publicly for the matter. I guess that wasn't enough.

I'm sorry, but I think the parents of this kid are going way off the deep end.

I agree with Bud. Some people in Warren County and parents of kids on the football team need to get with these parents and tell them how foolish they are being. They will only further damage Warren County football's reputation, as well as the city of McMinnville. There will be losers all around, and even if this family got their $20 million, it won't make them any happier that their suit could mean cuts in academic programs and in athletic facilities as well as teacher's salaries, etc. I'm sorry, these folks, even though I'm sorry their son got hit in the head with a helmet by an enraged coach, it sounds to me that the parents of this kid are far more enraged and going way too far with this.

first, if they sued in state court, the 20 million is for show....there are tort limits and the most that can be collected is only $300,000.00............

to get more, a federal claim would have to made......there are no tort limits in federal court..........

so if this is a civil suit filed in state court, the 20 mill fig is just for show.......

yes they will settle......and that amount will be well below 100K, with the attorney getting about 33%

No the kid wasn't injured seriously. He had to get a few stitches in the cheek. This is ridiculous!!! Parents trying to get rich at the cost of others. Didn't this family move out of Warren Co.? If they did move, no wonder, I wouldn't want to live in Warren knowing that I had pulled a stunt like this lawsuit. These parents need a serious reality check and I hope they read this..... I hate it for the coaches and administration at Warren Co. and yes your right the people of Warren Co. will be the ones to pay for this lawsuit. In my personal opinion, the kids and parents are mostly to blame for the success of the pioneers. There is no talent to work with in the football program. I've seen single A football programs with larger numbers on the sidelines and bigger players at that. Look at the last head and assistant coaches. They have taken over as head coaches at their respected high schools and are both 2-1 against good competition.

I hope that this kids parents (however you spell their last name) feel real good about what they are doing. I hope they get what they deserve(NOTHING!!)