Is Mt Pleasant for real?

meanjean1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure does seem like it. Friday night should be interesting. I think we all figured it would take 2-3 years to get competitive again but new head Coach Walt Smith seems to be ready to challenge the region powers that be now. I can't remember a Mt. Pleasant team that scored 50 in a game much less one that scored 50 or more in consecutive games. This Tiger team has so much athlectic ability its scary. Speed galore and you know speed kills. They have eliminated mistakes each week and compensated for their mistakes with athletic ability and have really been fun to watch. They have many plays over 40 yards already this early in the season. They dont grind it out much choosing to score via the big play instead. Both of the tailbacks are averaging over 9 yards a carry. Defense has been solid also with big Adam Nolen emerging as a force to be reckoned with on the defensive line. They really dont have one dominant player its been evenly spread out among many. They've had a favorable schedule early but if you compare scores they are right there with any in the district.

Year in and year out Mt. Pleasant has always put more athletes on the field than any team in the region. It appears that Coach Smith has been able to harness that ability and get them working together as a team. They are obviously much improved reguardless of how they end up doing against the better teams in the region like Wayne Co, Collinwood, Forrest, Huntland, and Moore County. Those five teams are all physical and it will be interesting to see how well the Tigers play them. We will find out in the weeks to come.

they need to play a real team instead of running up the score on badly coached, weak programs

Thye play them as they come. Your inferance is that they somehow don't deserve their accolades because the teams they defeated were "weak" teams. The excitement permeates the landscape simply because Mt. Pleasant has failed to handle such teams in the past two seasons. Improvement is obvious, much like your animosity.

They have accomplishd this with with no off season work 5 seniors and a new coach that arrived in July. MP is much better than the last 4 years and will only get better. If they win no more games it is still a improvement over the past few years and with a off season program that they have never had watch out next year,but don't bet on them not going 6-4 or 7-3 this year which could put them in the playoffs.

By the way what was up with the vistiors bleachers at Eagleville worst in the state could see nothing.

Can this be the same team that was so bad last season? Can a coaching change make this much of a differance? Can this dream season continue? Can the Tigers return to the glorious days of yesteryear? Please tell me what you think?

1st. yes this is the same tiger team only difference is we have 24 more player's than we did at the end of the season last year.. 2nd.yes a new coach can make that much of a difference, if you have been to a ballgame how many time's have you been able to call what play they are running this year, we have more than just 32 blast.. 3rd.yes this season can continue not just because of the determination of the new coaching staff but because of the will and the won't to of the player's each week, to play as a team ...4th. yes the glory day's can return ,as long as they continue to improve on the mistakes and strive to be better,afeter watching them I don't think that they will settle for anything less.... as for all of you who think that the tiger's are not a contender,just wait your turn and let the play on the field tell the story!!!!! last good job tiger's and keep up the hard work ,and focus on the rest of the season.............. :):D

As you might have noticed the stadium at eagleville is not complete... the visitor stands that are there are only temporary... i believe there was a hold on the funding and it was just released last week sometime so the horrible visitor stands you refer to should be better as they are built...

to ( SSSSSSSS ) being on the sidelines I can tell you first hand.....nobody ran the score up.....everybody got to play....If they never win another game, they have played beyond most people's expectations...and I can tell many are waiting for the

tide to turn..I would be very suprised if this team did not hold it's own with the rest of it's opponenets, so don't be to quick to count them out.. if they keep playing with the same attitude and structure..the rest of their games should be very exciting....