Perry County Alumni Game

therealtimbob

I am glad that we are having this game. But as long as I and everyone else have played football it has been tackle football. I don't like flag football. From what I can tell, most people at the school don't want this to happen, and I can understand why.

I HOPE TO GOD!!!! that this game isn't alumni vs. alumni. How stupid is that?? Alot of the hs kids think that they are the best ever, that's cool, some of them are. But how can you gauge one's performance based on flag's??

I think that if we can't have a tackle football game that friday night, then we should have one the following Saturday afternoon either on the hs field or somewhere else. And that game won't be sanctioned by the school system. But it will still have people to ref the game.

It should be Alumni (aka. people who played football, AND NEVER QUIT!!! from 99' till 02' so far that is the alumni) vs. the current team. Could people be hurt playing tackle?? yes. could you break your leg stepping out of bed? yes. I think that if we can't tackle than it won't be a game at all......Here are examples why..

1.) People like John Marrs, Jeremy Breaud, or me, maybe even Twinkie :D ...are at a disadvantage because we are older now and not in the shape of the hs guys, so to balance that out tackling is to our advantage.

2.) Unless it is tackle you can't run the ball, and you have to fling the ball deep on every play, whereas with tackle, you can run a screen, or a slant or a stop (ect.) and shake off a hit, and maybe get about 10-15 yds.

3.) Alot of people brag about how good they are or "were", well by Gersh...here is a proving ground, ex. Jonathan Hickerson said that he was the best Center ever....I think that Vincent Hickerson has something to say about that, he would change his tune quick if Pig lined up across from him...

4.) Unless a miracle happens the hs will win anyway, just for the plain fact of conditioning, but this way it will give the alumni a fighting chance, and make things interesting.

I like to win when I do anything...unless you are afraid of PIG, me, John Marrs, Breaud, Shannon, HEDGE, TWINK, Brent, Hensley, LYNN & KENNY Trull, Wes Waters, or that big koose :D Josh Lineberry, and of course Ryan Hickman......you have nothing to worry about...

The hs team can be coached by Coach Bradley, and the Alumni team will be coached by the Alumni Players Collectively.......

Are you scared????

LATE

Edited by therealtimbob

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far Brant, and myself want to play tackle, I know that vincent (pigg) and Josh Holt and James Cieslokowski all want to play tackle too. Thomas has bulked up some, so maybe he won't be afraid of being scratched....

Also, Breaud said he would play tackle, and that he really hopes no one BACKS down.....and doesn't play that wuss flag game.....

Hey Timbob,

I also would like to play tackle against the high school, but we can't, it for saftey. In fact no hs players are going to play, so they don't get hurt, or what not. Some of the older guys are going to play too, greg grimes, billy barnes(hopefullly so we have a qb for the other team shannon isn't on), etc. Yes, i do want to play tackle but we can't, but still we need to play an alumni game so the program can't get more money. If it goes well, we might have another next fall. So, were playing alumni vs alumni in 8 man football. Center, 2 guard, QB, 2 rbs, 2 wrs.

how gay is that, I am not gonna play... billy barnes didn't play football for pchs, I like greg but he didn't play either....thus the term ALUMNI...

I wish once things in pc were not so screwed up

The heck with the school, we can play at veterans park and play tackle.......

I really want to have a tackle football game, regardless, to find out who the men and the boys are.

We could do this.

Brant speaks for the hs, they wouldn't get hurt, they would prolly hurt us (not really)

we could still have the "fairy" game with the flags, but if someone gets tackled or bumped it isn't my problem, that's why girls don't play....

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE TIMBOB SAID SO!

LATE

We already have it worked out, If shannon and I are on the same team, I will be a qb....Brent jones can be a QB..lots of players can play QB....I was behind shannon and brent in the qb depth chart...

Kenny, if you read this before 10:30 call my cell.

I will play the "flag" game if a crowd comes to watch. But the next day, The hs players will play they, unless they are hurt or afraid.....

DUDE we both want to play real football, lets skip the flag stuff and get to business, I am going to call you today, we need to get this worked out before the school does.....if we let the "school" or "boosters" or "cheerleaders" run this it will be gay, and we will prolly have pink #'s and Misty will play and break lynn's collarbone, again....ZING...lol

Tackle

This is for you TimBob.........

Why do you always get on coacht and brag on yourself ? The fact is up until this year no one even knew Perry Co. had a football team. And no one even remembers your name nor anyone elses name that you are mentioning. My question is....since you and all these other guys were so great why aren't you at a college play ball or in the pros??? Instead you are where you will be the rest of your life...... Bates Fabricating!!!!! Give this years team a break they are 3-1 afterall. Keep up the good work Vikings, and don't let these ..."never"has beens bring you down.

This is for you TimBob.........

Why do you always get on coacht and brag on yourself ? The fact is up until this year no one even knew Perry Co. had a football team. And no one even remembers your name nor anyone elses name that you are mentioning. My question is....since you and all these other guys were so great why aren't you at a college play ball or in the pros??? Instead you are where you will be the rest of your life...... Bates Fabricating!!!!! Give this years team a break they are 3-1 afterall. Keep up the good work Vikings, and don't let these ..."never"has beens bring you down.

nice name...who are you???

Why aren't you a millionaire??

I was supposed to play college football, but I went to pchs and had c's handed to me, andI was STUPID enough to accept it, it is my fault, I still have the talent..I can back up everything I say either on the field today, or on a game film.

you know who I am...who are you????

Bates...I won't work there.

But alot of people do, any they provide for their family too, just because someone doesn't have a "desireable job" doesn't mean you should dog them.

lol, let's find out who you are.....

I am not dogging the team...maybe one coach every now and then, and one idiot, but I like and respect EVERY PLAYER on the team. they would prolly say the same thing about me, (if they didn't you would see it on the field) I make fun of Brant (#32) all the time to his face, at the same time I tell him what aGREAT north/south runner he is. sometimes encouragement from family and coaches isn't enough, I support everyone who has the onions to play football, it is what seperates men from the boys