Clarksville NW v Stratford

bird

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the streak ends here. But that doesnt mean we will. I want to congradulate Stratford, but I also want them to know that they played a Viking team that wasnt going to let down and die for you. I hope, but doubt that we will get the kind of respect we have so long sought to get(the kind where teams will think twice before puting us as a HC game or overlooking us because we are an easy team to beat). It stinks knowing that will be the last time I will ever play them, but at the same time I feel kinda justified knowing that we laid it all out on the field. Things didn't go our way at first, but we bounced back from that. To all the critics of NW: if you all want to bash us on how we finally played a quality team in Stratford and lost, go ahead. I really don't care about that too much any more. As long as I leave that field feeling completely drained and assured that I did everyting I could, I will be satisfied with the game. I used to love coming here and just hearing what you would have to say about us. However, I have found something better than that. We gave it all we had and things just didnt go our way. It is simply time to regroup and concentrate on a bunch of Firebirds coming to our house next week. :D

Very well put that is what HS football is all about laying it on the field. You can hold your head high knowing you done the best you could. 1 point is so much harder for me than a blow out. You guys earned respect in yourselves you showed you could do it. Good luck the rest of the season except of course with us(WH). Tough loss, but that game is gone look towards next week one Friday night at a time.