sequoyah vs. sweetwater

madvilleeagle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be doing some special things for this in the paper, including a very nice photo shoot with a couple of players from each school (once I get the coaches to agree.)

I am very excited about this game, but I must be honest.

If Sweetwater plays like they have been playing, the Chiefs will dominate this one. The Wildcat defense can be stingy, but have yet to prove that. The Chief defense is stingy, but hasn't played the number of running threats that Sweetwater has to offer.

Of course, like most, I will take a few more days to analyze everything but if I had to make a pick right now, it would be Sequoyah 31, Sweetwater 14.

The mythical Monroe County championship is up for grabs. I love the way Jam has been playing, but Jerome and Anderson are two of the finest 'backers in this part of the state. Having Dustin back will be big for Sweetwater, but will he be able to be a factor missing so much time? He will add depth and with Blomstrom, should make a heck of a tandem at Fullback.

Can Moore handle the Sequoyah defense? Sequoyah looks to have an edge in the trenches, but Sweetwater is improving there. Can the Wildcats loosen the run up with a few passes to Mitchell or another receiver? Who knows.

Another key, will Sequoyah get too emotional and make mistakes? Sometimes when a team wants to beat another team so badly, they can actually get too hyped. Will the coaches be able to bottle the emotion and make it work for them.

Look for someone who doesn't get as much press...or may not be as well known as the "stars" to make the difference in this one.

Tank

I was wondering if you could do a little preview like the knoxville paper does, where u compare each position: o-line, d-line, qb, rb, db, wr, lb)and tell who has the edge.

MINE IS

QB: Walker for sequoyah is still young and makes young mistakes, he has decent speed when he commits but also tends to be indecisive, his arm isnt very strong,tends to underthrow, but he can put it there occasionally. Moore for sweetwater is more athletic and can make amazing things happen, however doesnt have much of an arm, he also doesnt think as a qb, the offense does click at times with him under center, great speed and elusiveness, also older EDGE: Sweetwater

OL: seqouyah line is made up of 5 seniors that are big and strong, they play with alot of intensity but seem to not hold there blocks or go down field and block, they block the line of scrimmage pretty well, but need to play with more leg drive, also have alot of heart. Sweetwater ol is also pretty big and block the line pretty well also, they are pretty slow however and have some week spots in the line, seem to let off after a few series(or get tired), do go down field occasionally EDGE: even

RB: Sequoyah backs are very physical led by Felton, they run hard and get up field quickly, Felton is big and has very good speed for his size already has around 800 yds on the season, very difficult to tackle and can take it the distance, Anderson is also a good sized back that is very quick and powerful, can take it the distance on any play, plays with alot of emotion and can lower his shoulder or run around you, Carson is also another good sized back, runs downhill very good, he is fast and when he gets on the corner gets tough yards. Sweetwater is lead by Ferguson who is very quick and fast, can take it to the endzone from anywhere on the field, also runs harder than his size, is a little injury plagued, but runs to score every play, Blomstrom is a big kid who runs hard and bulls for yards, latham is a big back and is elusive for his size, but has been bothered by injury EDGE: Sequoyah

WR: Sequoyah is lead by jones and miller, jones is tall, fast, and elusive, the kid is probably the most athletic on the field can get up and go, also can out jump about anyone, Miller is short and pretty fast, plays with tons of heart, has very good hands and does what it takes to get to the endzone. Sweetwater im not really sure about the names but dont get the ball much but ferguson comes out of the backfield and is dangerous. EDGE: Seqouyah

DEFENSE: EDGE: SEQUOYAH

I think sequoyah wins this one big 42-14 i look for sequoyah to score on its first couple of drives then sweetwater score once or twice in the 2nd half and i look for my boy jtrain to have 150 or more it wil be interesting to see monroe countys two best players go head to head jtrain vs ltrain but chiefs are too much in this one

I think lately the coverage has been alot better, except the tellico incident, but they did apologize. The articles have been pretty good recently. Im looking forward to the article this week, approaching this rivalry. I saw the latham kid on the sideline at the harriman game, will he play this week, that will be a big key for sweetwater if they stay in this game, who is bigger him or felton?