sequoyah vs. sweetwater

madvilleeagle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sequoyah takes care of business they should win this game. But they can't make any mistakes. It would be nice to see more in the paper on other schools other than Sweetwater. Go Cheifs

Cheifs 21

Sweetwater 14

Hmmm, I know that I have had two really bad breaks when it comes to Tellico Plains, but they were unavoidable. I also understand that you can't make peope happy, no matter what you do. First thing I heard when I started was "Tank, everyone will cry about Sweetwater getting the most coverage." I hate to say it, but when a team goes further in the playoffs and has a better record, that usually happens. That was last year, however.

Last year, sales allowed sports to have two or three pages every paper, with three or so on Sunday. That must be nice. They are tight this year, because we have some nutty sales turnover, and haven't been generating the revenue.

Everyone already knows why Taylor gets most of the Sequoyah games, it's called professional courtesy for a man who has a grandson playing and has covered Monroe sports for close to 20 years. I wish I had one more dependable person to help out, but I just haven't be able to this year. That, along with the space, has really made the sports suffer, mainly when it comes to the other sports. I feel football gets pretty good coverage.

But like anyone in the business knows, you can't make people happy. Especially in a county where folks from one city hate folks from the other city so much.

I think this game will be close. I always look forward to this game. The big question is can Sweetwater put together four quarters of play something they have had trouble doing. I think if Swater wants to win they can. Its seems lately they just don't have the desire until it is to late. But I believe they will get up for this game. Some of the things I will be watching is can Swater stop #42. If they can it will improve there chances. With Latham coming back will he be able to run hard after missing two games. The cats need a big effort from Latham. And we all know Jam will be ready. Will the Chiefs be able to contain Moore? Can Swaters line play four tough quarters? We all know the cheifs want this one real bad the question is does Swater want it. So cats its yours for the taking just go get it.