morristown east vs. cherrokee

eastTNftball

eastTNftball, I think the biggest thing to fix both on the O and D side is to have them mentally prepared. Cherokee will be at home and will not be easy and will be ready for revenge after last year's game. This must come from the coaches and seniors who are looked upon for leadership. It is also imperitive that they get healthy, because they are just not deep enough on either side of the ball to absorb a rash of injuries. I also think that whatever the cause for three consecutive games with over 100 yards in penalties has got to stop. I don't know if we are commiting all these or someone has PO'd the officials but to beat good teams you cannot continually do this.

Kev, you know your football, he is I think the key for Cherokee, he is a bull in a china shop.

Tweederol50, I hope you are right and they should, if they don't let the pounding West put on them in the second half affect them mentally. They are also very banged up and don't have nearly the depth of a West.

Big Daddy,

I think if Coach Smith stays healthy and can keep Jerry T. out of his program, he can build up depth like Woods has over at West.

Rutledge's AD/Offensive co-ordinator played for Coach Smith in Virginia in the 80s. He's pretty confident you guys on the East Side have a keeper of a coach...if he stays healthy.

Kev, for obvious reasons I'm not going to touch the Jerry T comment, but I sat with three guys from the Pennington Gap area at the game Friday night and they said the same thing, about coach Smith. I know he won at least one state championship in Virginia, so he must know what he's doing.

BTW great win for coach Hammer and the Pioneers friday night, he is a class act and good coach, and seems each year to get the most out of what he has to work with.

Actually, I found out that he shouldn't even have been at Claiborne County last year.

He lives (lived) in Thorn Hill, and that my friends is in Grainger County. He should've been at Washburn and could've played for Rutledge because of the TSSAA's exception rule for schools without certain sports.

And it was a no-brianer choice. I liked interviewing him...a good kid like you said. Yes sir, no sir...we need more kids that do that.