for lincoln county fans and rivals

oldskoolfalcon

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stumpman, I believe you are thinking about the 1984 team that

was unscored on in the first 8 games. I attended each of the games

and was there when Oakland beat us in the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah i guess you are rught but it was my senior year and I graduated in 1985 and yes i was at each and every game too.I belive we we led Oakland 14-0 in less than a minute and then lost 31-14.

Guest Oakland

i always thought that their was 98 team was very good, and was on a even level with oakland and riverdale, they just couldnt get the bounces, man i wish they would bring lc back to the region 4!

Lincoln County cannot compete with the boro schools year in and year out. There is just not a big enough talent pool in Lincoln County. They don't have the numbers.

If you look at their record for the last 25 years they're about even. Lincoln County is ahead of Oakland and only a couple of games back of Riverdale. Lincoln County has won 2 of the last 3 against Riverdale. Riverdale won about 6 in a row before that . Things change. Murfreesboro keeps growing and their tallent pool keeps getting spread around. It would be illegal for one team to recruit now wouldn't it. Lincoln County will be competitive untill their is another high school built. Untill then some years will be better than others.

If you look at their record for the last 25 years they're about even.

I wasn't looking backward. I was looking forward. The boro is growing astronomically. Kids just keep pouring in every year, and even tho they build new schools, the ones there still outnumber Lincoln County. The Falcons will compete occasionally but not every year. This is one of those "occasions" when others had better look out!