for lincoln county fans and rivals

oldskoolfalcon

All I'm saying is their is some very good feeder programs in Lincoln County right now and the future looks bright for the Falcons. They may go through a 4 or 5 year stretch where they're very competitive again. Then some of the kids may burn out or quit for whatever reason. Nobody can see in the future. The Falcons may have been down the last 4 years, but not out. I don't think this will be the last year for the Falcons. Lincoln County people will take the good with the bad for the most part. There have sure been a lot more good years than bad years and that is what keeps em coming back.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, what a response, now, if you had to have a all star team from fayetteville, let me see it. this will for sure be varied. offense and defense please

OL-eddie blake, burt talley, jacob sorrels, robert webb and that 372 from this years team

TE- bennie jenning's, chad harrison

WR's-david grogan, tommy mcdonald and archie howell

RB- ricky blake, rod buchanan and eric dance

QB- kelly holcomb, michael edmiston, jim bob cooter

defense

DL- paul sain, roger walker, tony parks, eddie blake and paul caldwell

lb's-chad henderson, mark bently, juju(this years team) and don thomas

secondary-tommy barnes, david grogan, jeff bills and one of the bryson boys chanze i think

special team-tommy barnes punting, grad wright on ep, peter wingard on fg's, robert webb on long snaps

returns- darnell murphy and david grogan

somewhat biased for the old boys, but they were mean and nasty, not mean many ones come through thre these days., henderson, thomas, barnes webb and eddie blake would stick you, then throw mud in your eye. webb was good for a unsprtsmanlike a game. let me hear what others think.

good luck falcons

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Oakland

i think you are wrong i not2bad, i really do think lincoln can compete on a consistent basis with region 4, mostly because they get all the talent, yes the boro has grown a bunch but the talent is divided into all the schools that we have(oakland,riverdale,siegel,blackman) over the past 10 years or so, lincoln county has been as consistent as anybody in middle tennessee over the past 15 years

wow, what a response, now, if you had to have a all star team from fayetteville, let me see it. this will for sure be varied. offense and defense please

OL-eddie blake, burt talley, jacob sorrels, robert webb and that 372 from this years team

TE- bennie jenning's, chad harrison

WR's-david grogan, tommy mcdonald and archie howell

RB- ricky blake, rod buchanan and eric dance

QB- kelly holcomb, michael edmiston, jim bob cooter

defense

DL- paul sain, roger walker, tony parks, eddie blake and paul caldwell

lb's-chad henderson, mark bently, juju(this years team) and don thomas

secondary-tommy barnes, david grogan, jeff bills and one of the bryson boys chanze i think

special team-tommy barnes punting, grad wright on ep, peter wingard on fg's, robert webb on long snaps

returns- darnell murphy and david grogan

somewhat biased for the old boys, but they were mean and nasty, not mean many ones come through thre these days., henderson, thomas, barnes webb and eddie blake would stick you, then throw mud in your eye. webb was good for a unsprtsmanlike a game. let me hear what others think.

good luck falcons

pretty good little list there......i dont know about some of the older guys because im not that old....but i can give u a few from 1990 and up era that should be thrown in......

ok first of all you cant say jimbob cooter as a QB....he started only 2 games at quarterback.....maybe throw shelby parker in from the 93 team....or luke buckly(whom i personally did not think was all that great) he has the record for most passing yards in a season.....

secondly....i didnt see a fb slot there......maybe shannon hastings from the 93 and 94 teams....or brad meeks maybe

anton thomison should be thrown in the recieving core.....he was awesome.....99 team

what about puttin reggy taylor in the list of backs....98 i think. and josh gregory from this years team

lbs you have to think of tojo manning.....95 -96 i believe....

just a few more to think about...great post though