Sweetwater vs. Wartburg

TankTalk

Hy wartburggenius, I was at the game. The chiefs had so many flags because they could not do anything against Sw. They were mad and fustrated. And as far as the offense I thank at least six backs ran the ball with Jeffery Moore leading the way. You sound more like a mad chief than a wartburg genius. If you are getting 7 to 8 yards a carry you do not have to throw. Look at the stats it was a win for Sw. And if you are a wartburg fan what was you doing in madisonville watching SW????? Like I said you sound like a mad chief fan or player. You said all we did was run Jam. There was two other people with more yards. We spread the ball around so much they did not have a clue were it was going. Say what you want to say about the defense they held the chiefs to 13 points and had them so aff balance they could not even stay on sides. So wine all you want no matter how your season ends up you will not be able to say you beat big blue. Better luck next year cause Sw only looses 5 senoirs. Sw by three tds over wartburg!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it all on the field Ram, I wasn't at the game, I saw the film. It was about enough to make me sick. The Chiefs should have come away with the win. I didn't say that you guys didn't run the ball well. But you are wrong about the backs, just Jam and Lathem, well I think 41 ran the ball once. You guys just don't know how much untapped strength the dawgs have. Sweetwater is a good football team but Wartburg is much better. Leave it all on the field, Wartburg will win big.

Leave it all on the field Ram, I wasn't at the game, I saw the film.  It was about enough to make me sick.  The Chiefs should have come away with the win.  I didn't say that you guys didn't run the ball well. But you are wrong about the backs, just Jam and Lathem, well I think 41 ran the ball once.  You guys just don't know how much untapped strength the dawgs have.  Sweetwater is a good football team but Wartburg is much better.  Leave it all on the field, Wartburg will win big.

Speaking of watching film, I took a look at two of Wartburg's last efforts...whew. I think it's going to be a great game, but I can't see how anyone who plays for the 'Dawgs could make fun of anyone's game film.

Edited by TankTalk

I have no doubt about that man. From the beginning, you guys have had just as good as talent as anyone in Region 2-2A. This is as big as it gets. I hope both teams bring their "A" game and I am not going to use the corny cliche "whoever wants it most will win," because I am pretty sure both teams want it.

Three weeks ago, I would pick Wartburg by two touchdowns. This week, I think the first team that scores gains a mental advantage and could win. It's going to be close, I think...I hope. And of course, I hope everyone is healthy and shaking hands at the end of it.

Best of luck.

Sweetwater has a hole lot of good runners there #'s are (12) thats it!!! lathem has gaind some weight or somein he doesnt hit the hole like he did last year.But he is still a good football playr,wart by 2

I sincerely hope the team and coaches don't think that Jam is the only talented runner Sweetwater has. Dustin hasn't had the season he should, but a pretty bad case of tendonitis around his hamstring region slowed him down a lot. He hit the holes well last week and I look for him to have a solid game.

Blomstrom knows one direction, straight. He has had some brilliant games but starting fumbling some and the coaches haven't used him. He can carry the mail. The quarterback Jeffery Moore is very capable and tough. Since coming in the final series against Rockwood, he has showed some grit and toughness. He can also go the distance. Sometimes, he gets ahead of himself though and needs to take a deep breath and use his God-given ability.

They like to give several people carries and most have had flashes of solidity. Since they worked the kinks out of their option game, why have they needed to throw? I think they can, if a team makes them. It sure isn't a strong point, but with tightends Tony Upton and Phillip Mitchell, they can get one on you.

Games aren't won on message boards. It's great to hear everyone's opinion and predictions. If Sweetwater can't contain John, the Bulldogs could in fact win by a couple of scores. I like Sweetwater's corners very much...and overall they have improved a great deal.

Hope to see and talk with a lot of you up there, come on up and say howdy, because it should be one of those typical region games...good hitting...plenty of big plays and probably some complaining about the officiating. B)

This game...is what makes the low pay, long hours and lack of understanding from the few without a clue, worth it. It was a great high school football game and I was proud to be able to watch it.

Sweetwater could have easily folded their tents and called it a season, but they refused to let that happen. Mr. Latham...you were indeed a man Friday night, congratulations on a wonderful game. Chris Melton....outstanding poise in a pressure situation. Right side of the offensive line....wow. Jam Ferguson just keeps on playing great, like a senior star is supposed to do.

John T. Armes...it was a pleasure to get to watch you play the game. I am still puzzled as to why the coaching staff abandoned the passing game, but I am glad they did. You are a special player and I feel for you and the other seniors. You are very talented and should be a playoff team. Keep your head up high and stay proud.