Can anyone stop Chester Co.?

jb21

These guys are just straight up studs. So they moved down, but obviously it was a good transition, because high school football needs teams to step up and compete. The more competition there is, the better the wins seem and the more exciting everything is. But honestly, who's next Mackenzie? Get ready Rebels, here comes Chester Co. Mackenzie is coming to the Eagles' Nest, we'll see what happens next Friday nite.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon already stopped us in week 4, and we'll have our hands full with McKenzie this coming Friday. The Eagles are much improved, but still need to beat a team like McKenzie to really prove they belong where a lot of us CC fans think they can be.

No doubt that this past Friday was their best performance yet. Let's hope it keeps rolling into week 8.

This week should tell alot about both teams. With Mckenzie's losing to Dresden now raises alot of questions about them. Everyone question's CC's schedule since Fayette Academy (4-3) is the only other team outside of Huntingdon that CC has played with a winning record.

I had orignally picked Mckenzie to win this one, but now Im not sure. CC has great team speed and seems to be improving on thier pass defense, meanwhile CC's QB is starting to grow confidence and play better.

Mckenzie has been flying by everybody and it will be interesting to see how they rebound from thier first lost. Will it make them better or will it be a hangover affect in which they go in the wrong direction? The Rebels coaching staff is a good one so Im sure they will be prepared looking at how things went last year for the Rebels. Not to forget, that Dresden is a awefully good football team.

Huge region game and major game for playoff outlook for both teams. Will be interesing to hear everyone's thoughts on this one.

Wow,after reading some very negative talk on subjects about Mckenzie/dresden game i don,t know if CC should play Friday ngiht or not.I read some comments on how Mck. won on the field but was beat on the scoreboard and that if they had caught more passes and not had 4 interceptions and that if Dresden had not shut down their running game that they would have won.Also in some of the comments they are talking about how the BIG Mack will be ok because they will bounce back against CC and that they will not make the same mistakes and should win easily.Now answer me this someone,If CC shuts down Mckenzie,s running game and the Defensive backs play their best game and we cover receiver,s like we should and CC,s offense runs it down their throat,does that not give CC a chance to win?CC is not the best team in 6-2a and they are not the worst,they are somewhere in the middle but if they beat Mckenzie and Camden then they will be the 2nd best and that is what the plan is and CC will be ready and it will not be a cake walk Friday night!!!!

FormerQB, I'll give you the scheduling thing, although I will say that I contend Trenton and Riverside are better than their records indicate. Both teams have played very difficult schedules.

You have to figure that McKenzie will have added motivation coming off the Dresden loss. Chester County has some momentum coming off of their best effort of the year last week. Both teams would love to host a playoff game, and the winner of this game has the edge on taking 2nd in the region.

TheBoredGuy...we' ve been through this havent we? :lol: You are right in Trenton and Riverside are a little better than thier records show, but I was trying to go with the "on this hand vs on the other hand" perspective. I was talking to people who havent seen CC play and they were asking how good CC really is. They brought up the scheduling point, which is why I mentioned it as I assume that's the West TN wrap on CC.

It's a very tough game for both. CC has been playing the weakest part of thier schedule which is good and bad. Good being thier getting thier confidence and momentum going strong, bad being are they getting used to playing teams of that claliber? Clearly the toughest game on the schedule other than Huntingdon.

Mckenzie has almost made this season seem too easy until the Dresden game. Will this bring them down to earth, or was there a flaw found? Is it possible that Mckenzie overlooked Dresden since they've seemed untouchable? Thus, being more ready for CC than they ever would have been? Or will they say CC hasnt played anyone outside of Huntingdon and overlook them?

Many, many questions will be answered Friday night about how good both teams really are. In my opinion, this is the third biggest game this week....(1. Crockett CO vs South Side 2. Dresden vs Milan) It would be nice to hear some good, mature opinions from both CC and Mckenzie fans on a big region game.

I know you and I have gone through this. I was just offering that for anyone else who cared. You know I agree that the schedule isn't as hard as a lot of other teams', or even as tough as it has been in the past few years. I'm sure that's the rap, as you said, on the Eagles from outsiders so to speak. But I do think the schedules of Trenton and Riverside should be taken into account if we're going to look at the CC schedule as a whole. No question, though, that H'don and McKenzie are by far the two toughest opponents they will face.

I doubt McKenzie will overlook Chester County, especially after losing to Dresden. I think the key to this game for CC is going to be the defensive line - they will have to pressure Hayes and make him make quick decisions, as well as contain Cook. One thing about McKenzie that gets overlooked is the play of their O and D lines... very well-coached, very fundamental, and very effective. We hear a lot about Cook, Hayes, and Lacey, but their front 5 need to be remembered.

The verdict on Holder is in, by the way - he's officially done for the year.

I agree with you on about everything. Im just trying to generate some talk by asking questions and bringing up different perspectives.

I didnt realize how tough Riverside's schedule is. They are playing some tough teams and holding thier own. They could be something to mess with next year.

Mckenzie's coaches have done a great job. How many times has Hayes been sacked? I dont care how good the QB or WR are, if you dont have time to throw, or are constantly getting pressured, a passing offence will not work. A good running game also makes the passing game functional.

You bring up a very good point in Mckenzie's O and D line. That will be a great battle between CC's D-line and Mckenzie's O-line.

Sad about Teddy, but I think it's better to not injure it anymore than what it is. Do you know if he plans on recovering and attempting college ball? Has the athletic ability, but injuries could be adding up and cutting down on desire to play.

Riverside, it appears, is getting much better. They've got a great coach over there, and that helps a lot. Hunter Smith, I'm telling you right now, watch out for him. He's one of many good SO backs in 6-2A.

But, back to the subject at hand, I know Teddy made a good showing at the summer combine he went to. I don't know much else, but I did hear some D-I schools have been looking at him. Don't know which ones.

I know I'm looking forward to this game. McKenzie should be the favorite, as far as I'm concerned. Chester County has done well, but this will be a difficult test.

As I said in another thread, I think a big key for CC is their defensive line. If they can't get to Hayes, it'll be an uphill battle all night. If they can contain Cook and make Hayes scramble and/or hurry, I think they've got a chance.

Offensively, they've got to take care of the ball. What hurt in the H'don game was a couple of inopportune turnovers and a couple of bad punts that gave H'don a short field. Can't do that against McKenzie, or the result will be the same.

If Chester County plays 4 quarters of football, I think they can win. If they make any unforced mistakes or drop off in intensity, McKenzie will take advantage and make them pay.

To formerQB and Bored Guy,Teddy will have surgery this week on the advice of a recruiter from ole miss where he is wanting to play.He has not signed anything and i hope he has asked about scholarship funding and i hope they don,t mislead him.He is definitely a player and under the right coaches and trainers and time i think he will make it. .....Now about this game Friday night,it has to be the best game CC has played all year but i think the key to it will be pressure on the QB like BG said.I don,t think we can do it with Jim and Matt tho.I have been watching them and they are too slow and stand up but don,t penetrate enough.They are great at stopping the run or altering the running backs direction but they are not pass rushers.I hope we make some adjustments with lineman on D and maybe use Melvin or Luke and Kyle on the line some for added pressure.The D line and linebackers started a contest as to which ones will have the most tackles.The LB,s won this week and have more so far this year but the lineman are trying to catch up.I think this will be an interesting contest to watch between them.I hope our D is ready but we will have to have some offense to go with it.